MariaDB Connector/J 2.3.0 Release Notes
Release date: 7 Sep 2018
MariaDB Connector/J 2.3.0 is a Stable (GA) release.
For an overview of MariaDB Connector/J see the About MariaDB Connector/J page
CONJ-398 Improve deadlock debugging capabilities
MariaDB has now 2 new options to permit identifying deadlock : New options:
|includeInnodbStatusInDeadlockExceptions||add "SHOW ENGINE INNODB STATUS" result to exception trace when having a deadlock exception.|
|includeThreadDumpInDeadlockExceptions||add thread dump to exception trace when having a deadlock exception.|
CONJ-639 the option "enabledSslProtocolSuites" now include TLSv1.2 by default
previous default value was "TLSv1, TLSv1.1", disabling TLSv1.2 by default, due to a corrected issue (MDEV-12190) with servers using YaSSL - not openSSL. Server error was . Now, the default value is "TLSv1, TLSv1.1, TLSv1.2". So TLSv1.2 can be use directly. Connecting MySQL community server use YaSSL without correction, and connection might result in SSLException: "Unsupported record version Unknown-0.0".
CONJ-642 disable the option "useBulkStmts" by default
Using useBulkStmts permit faster batch, but cause one major issue : Batch return -1 = SUCCESS_NO_INFO
Different option use this information for optimistic update, and cannot confirm if update succeed or not. This option still makes sense, since for big batch is way more faster, but will not be activated by default.
- [CONJ-628] optimization to read metadata faster
- [CONJ-637] java.sql.Driver class implement DriverPropertyInfo getPropertyInfo, permitting listing options on querying tools
- [CONJ-639] enabledSslProtocolSuites does not include TLSv1.2 by default
- [CONJ-641] update maven test dependencies for java 10 compatibility
- [CONJ-643] PreparedStatement::getParameterMetaData always returns VARSTRING as type resulting in downstream libraries interpreting values wrongly
- [CONJ-616] correction on possible NPE on getConnection when using failover configuration and master is down, not throwing a proper exception
- [CONJ-636] Error in batch might throw a NPE and not the proper Exception
Be notified of new MariaDB Server releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB Corporation customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB Corporation products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.