MariaDB Connector/ODBC 1.0.0 Release Notes
The most recent stable (GA) release of MariaDB Connector/ODBC is:
MariaDB Connector/ODBC 3.1.7
Release date: 29 Jan 2015
This is a Stable (GA) release of the MariaDB Connector/ODBC. In general, marking this release as stable means that there are no known serious bugs, except for those marked as feature requests, that no bugs were fixed since last release that caused a notable code changes, and that we believe the code is ready for general usage (based on bug inflow).
MariaDB Connector/ODBC 1.0.0 is built on top of the MariaDB Connector/C 2.1 and uses the binary prepared statement protocol.
- The connector now can be tested with odbcte32. Added support for SQL_ODBC_API_CONFORMANCE and SQL_ODBC_SQL_CONFORMANCE info types. (ODBC-17)
- Fixed a number of memory leaks in the connector
- Change in build. FindMariaDB now uses mariadb_config to determine include and library path.
- Removed memory leak in allocated statement (was not properly freed) and possible buffer overrun in some internal functions (MADB_KeyTypeCount and MADB_StmtGetData)
- Applications running certain sequences of query types(in particular when query batches were involved) on long run made server reach max_prepared_stmt_count, causing application error and/or crash. (ODBC-16)
- SQLGetInfo did not support deprecated info type SQL_ODBC_API_CONFORMANCE (ODBC-15)
- Fixed processing of IPD SQL_DESC_UNNAMED field update by application. (ODBC-14)
- SQL_UNNAMED value is now allowed, SQL_NAMED causes HY092 error. The error prevented use of queries with parameters in ADO
- Fixed DS setup dialog prompting (ODBC-13)
- Fixed length calculation for SQL_C_CHAR
- Fixed length calculation if both OctetLength and IndicatorPtr (== SQL_NTS) was specified
- Fix for WCHAR fetch: terminating zero character was not converted.
- Fixed length calculation for array_binding if SQL_NTS was specified.
- Due to server bug MDEV-5273 we can't get result set metadata after prepare for each statement. Statements like SHOW or CALL procedure name will return metadata after execute. In latter case the number of columns after execute will change and we need to set the ird metadata. (ODBC-11)
- Fixed string lengths for unicode conversion
- Fixed length calculation for SQLWCHAR for Fetch and Execute (ODBC-10)
- Fixed buffer overflow during conversion from char* to SQL_NUMERIC_TYPE (ODBC-9)
- Map FieldIdentifier in SQLColAttributes to ODBC 3.0 compliant values (ODBC-8)
- Return SQL_VARCHAR instead of SQL_UNKNOWN_TYPE for NULL fields (ODBC-7)
- Application fails with the following exception when sending data as parameters. System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [HY000] Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '=' (ODBC-6)
- When using MariaDB ODBC Connector with ODBC Driver Manager 3.81, the Driver Manager returns errror IM001 (The driver doesn't support this function) for SQLExecute, SQLExecDirect or SQLBindCol. (ODBC-5)
- Fixed typecasts for CURSOR_BEHAVIOR constants in SQLGetInfo
- Fix for SQLCursor: If ODBC version is < 3.0 SQLCloseCursor should not return an error in no cursor is open.
- Fixed bug in the msi-installer: The GUID for the driver components was undefined. (ODBC-4)
- Uninstallation of prior versions require manual deletion of the MariaDB ODBC driver directory
- SQLBindCol should ignore column index if the statement doesn't return a result set (ODBC-3)
For a complete list and description please check the Jira bug system
For a list of changes made in this release, with links to detailed information on each push, see the changelog.