MariaDB Connector/Python 1.0.0 Release Notes
Release date: 24 June 2020
This is a Stable (GA) release of the MariaDB Connector/Python.
MariaDB Connector/Python enables python programs to access MariaDB and MySQL databases, using an API which is compliant with the Python DB API 2.0 (PEP-249). It is written in C and uses MariaDB Connector/C client library for client server communication.
- CONPY-81: Fixed crash when switching between text and binary protocol with same cursor
- CONPY-80: Parameters in set_config() method of ConnectionPool class have to be checked against the list of DSN keywords
- CONPY-79: When inserting NULL values with executemany() method on a server which doesn't support BULK statements NULL values weren't inserted correctly.
- CONPY-78: Since MaxScale doesn't support bulk operations yet, we have to check servers extended capability flag to determine if this feature is supported or not.
- CONPY-76: Added aliases username, passwd and db to connection keywords.
- CONPY-70: set_config() method needs to check the passed parameter and raise an exception if the parameter type is not a dictionary.
- CONPY-72: When deallocating the connection pool class, we need to check beside pool_size if the array containing the connections is valid.
- Fixed bug when inserting negative integer values with cursor.execute() method
- CONPY-69: Set default character set (utf8mb4) with authentication packet
For a list of changes made in this release, with links to detailed information on each push, see the changelog.