MariaDB 10.10.0 Release Notes
Note: This page describes features in the source repository for MariaDB 10.10. There are currently no official packages or binaries available for download which contain the features. If you want to try out any of the new features described here you will need to get and compile the code yourself.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
Remember, these features are in separate preview packages. The subsection header text corresponds to the preview package name.
- Change defaults for CHANGE MASTER TO so that GTID-based replication is used by default if master supports it (MDEV-19801)
- Deprecate MASTER_USE_GTID=Current_Pos to favor new MASTER_DEMOTE_TO_SLAVE option (MDEV-20122)
- Add UCA-14.0.0 collations (MDEV-27009)
- Improve contraction performance in UCA collations (MDEV-27265)
- Improve UCA collation performance for utf8mb3 and utf8mb4 (MDEV-27266)
- Change default of explicit_defaults_for_timestamp to ON (MDEV-28632)
- --ssl option set as default for mariadb CLI (MDEV-27105)
- Add RANDOM_BYTES function (MDEV-25704)
- The INET4 data type (MDEV-23287)
- Re-design the upper level of handling UPDATE and DELETE statements (MDEV-28883)
- Deprecate DES_ENCRYPT/DECRYPT functions (MDEV-27104)
- Deprecate innodb_prefix_index_cluster_optimization
Be notified of new MariaDB Server releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB Corporation customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB Corporation products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.