MariaDB 5.2.0 Release Notes
Release date: 10 Apr 2010
This is a beta release of MariaDB. We believe it to be relatively bug-free, and want to get it out so everyone can try it. Development is ongoing, see MariaDB 5.2 TODO for a list of features that are planned for future MariaDB 5.2 releases.
New features and changes in this version include:
userstatv2 patch from Percona
- This patch enables the gathering of more detailed statistics in MariaDB 5.2.
As part of this patch, several new INFORMATION_SCHEMA
tables (with corresponding new
SHOWcommands) have been added. See: User Statistics for details.
Virtual columns patch (Contribution)
- We've added
PERSISTENTvirtual columns to MariaDB 5.2. See: Virtual columns for details.
Add a mysqlbinlog option to change the used database. MWL#36
- We've added a new
--rewrite-db=nameoption to mysqlbinlog for applying updates to a database with a different name than the original. See: mysqlbinlog for details.
Maria storage engine group commit
- Two new system variables have been added:
maria_group_commit_interval. See Server System Variables for details.
Backport libservices MWL#98
Fix the packaging scripts MWL#88
- We updated the packaging scripts in MariaDB 5.2 to fix some errors.
- In MariaDB 5.2 the authentication of users is delegated to plugins. See: Pluggable authentication for details.
Additional information added to engine description, new MariaDB plugin declaration MWL#61
- We've added two new columns to the INFORMATION_SCHEMA.PLUGINS table.
- For plugin authors: As part of this change, the MariaDB plugin declaration now differs slightly from the MySQL plugin declaration (the MySQL plugin declaration is still supported for dynamically loaded plugins). See: Writing Plugins for details.
Segmented Key Cache for MyISAM MWL#85
New engine-defined options in the CREATE TABLE MWL#43
- Storage engines can now allow the user to specify additional attributes per index, field, or table. The engine needs to declare what attributes it introduces. See: Extending CREATE TABLE for more information.