MariaDB 5.1.55 Release Notes
Release date: 1 Mar 2011
Get notified of new releases automatically by adding the releases rss feed to your favorite feed reader or by subscribing to the announce 'at' mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list).
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found here.
In most respects MariaDB will work exactly as MySQL: all commands, interfaces, libraries and APIs that exist in MySQL also exist in MariaDB.
Includes MySQL 5.1.55
For MariaDB 5.1.55 we have merged in all of the upstream changes from MySQL 5.1.54 and 5.1.55. The MySQL 5.1.54 and 5.1.55 release notes have details of what changes were made upstream by MySQL since 5.1.53.
Includes XtraDB 5.1.54-12.5
We have included XtraDB from Percona Server 5.1.54-12.5 in this version of MariaDB. See the Percona Server release notes for what changes were made upstream by Percona.
New Debian and Ubuntu Repositories
For this version of MariaDB we are pleased to announce the availability of Debian and Ubuntu repositories that we will keep up-to-date going forward. The new repositories make use of our world-wide network of MariaDB mirrors and will enable hassle-free upgrades to the latest version of MariaDB as soon as it is released.
See Installing MariaDB .deb Files for information how to setup your Debian or Ubuntu system to use the new repositories.
RPM Package Signing
As part of the new Debian and Ubuntu repositories we have also signed the RPM packages. All RPM package releases going forward will be signed.
New Downloads System
With this version of MariaDB we are also debuting a new MariaDB downloads website. This new site allows you to filter the various files to show only the ones you are interested in and it will attempt to locate the nearest mirror to you based on your IP address.
- Various Aria storage engine fixes:
- Bug #716890 Pre- and post-recovery crash in Aria
- Bug #624099 ma_close.c:75: maria_close: Assertion `share->in_trans == 0' failed on UNLOCK TABLES
- Bug #700623 Aria recovery: ma_blockrec.c:3930: _ma_update_at_original_place: Assertion `block->org_bitmap_value == ..
- Bug #670356 Aria table "is marked as crashed and should be repaired"
- Bug #695006 Queries with "converting HEAP to Aria" status do not respond to KILL QUERY
- Bug #619731 Aria recovery corruption "Page 1: Row: 1 has an extent with wrong information in bitmap"
- Various Windows fixes
- Bug #585688 maridb crashes in federatedx code
- Bug #702310 Assertion `table_ref->has_record' failed with small value for join_buffer_size
- Bug #675118 Elimination of a table results in an invalid execution plan
- Bug #686010 maria.optimize corrupts stack around alloca() call
- Bug #687320 Fix sporadic test failures in innodb_mysql.test and partition_innodb_semi_consistent.test
- Bug #677407 / MySQL Bug #48883 Stale data in INFORMATION_SCHEMA.INNODB_LOCKS
- and others...