MariaDB Connector/C 3.2.0 Release notes
Release date: 10 Jun 2021
This is a Beta release of the MariaDB Connector/C, formerly known as MariaDB Client Library for C.
Do not use beta releases in production!
For a description of this library see the MariaDB Connector/C page.
- MDEV-19237: Do not resend prepared statement metadata unnecessarily
- CONC-508: Added support for passwords > 255 characters
- LOAD DATA LOCAL is now supported in binary protocol
- Updated/extended cipher suite list for Schannel TLS module
- CONC-433: Added support for certificate revocation list in GnuTLS module
- CONC-547: Changed default character set from latin1 to utf8mb4
- CONC-533: Added support for non blocking calls using binary protocol
- CONC-509: mysql_get_client_* api functions now return Connector version
- various address sanitizer (asan) fixes
- Build fxes for latest CMake version
- CONC-548: Fixed symbol conflict when linking against libsodium
- CONC-490: unset CLIENT_CONNECT_WITH_DB flag if no database was specified
- CONC-543: renamed internal hash functions (to avoid conflicts with statically linked GnuTLS library)
- CONC-537: Only use MYSQL_HOME environment variable if MARIADB_HOME was not specified.
- CONC-535: disabled checksum ignored in event processing (Replication/Binlog API)
- CONC-475: export function mariadb_rpl_init_ex (Replication/Binlog API)
- CONC-521: define _XOPEN_SOURCE before including ucontext.h (MacOS)
- CONC-518: Added macro IS_MYSQL_ASYNC() which now checks if memory for extension was allocated.
- CONC-517: if plugin dir was not specified, plugin needs to be loaded from current path, DLPATH or PATH (Windows)
- The connection plugin "aurora" was removed
- Default character set is now utf8mb4
- Character set utf8 will be mapped to utf8mb3
- Added support for MSVC asan
For a list of changes made in this release, with links to detailed information on each push, see the changelog.
Be notified of new MariaDB Server releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' lists.mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB plc customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB plc products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.