Changes and Improvements in MariaDB 10.11
The most recent release of MariaDB 10.11 is:
MariaDB 10.11.2 Stable (GA) Download Now
Alternate download from mariadb.org
MariaDB 10.11 is the current long-term maintenance release series, maintained until February 2028.
New Features & Improvements
- GRANT to PUBLIC (MDEV-5215) (blog post)
- Separate SUPER and READ ONLY ADMIN privileges (MDEV-29596)
- Make ANALYZE FORMAT=JSON show time spent in the query optimizer (MDEV-28926)
- Performance Issues reading the Information Schema Parameters table (MDEV-29104)
- Full table scan in the Information Schema Parameters and Information Schema Routines tables (MDEV-20609)
- System versioning setting, system_versioning_insert_history, to allow history modification (MDEV-16546)
- mariadb-dump: dump and restore historical data (MDEV-16029)
- innodb_write_io_threads and innodb_read_io_threads are now dynamic, and their values can be changed without restarting the server (MDEV-11026)
- Windows - passwordless login for mariadb root user, for OS admin users (MDEV-26715)
- Rename slow queries variables (MDEV-7567)
- log_slow_min_examined_row_limit (min_examined_row_limit)
- log_slow_query (slow_query_log)
- log_slow_query_file (slow_query_log_file). This was named log_slow_query_file_name in the MariaDB 10.11.0 preview release.
- log_slow_query_time (long_query_time)
- replicate_rewrite_db is now a system variable, no longer just an option (MDEV-15530)
- For a list of all new variables, see System Variables Added in MariaDB 10.11 and Status Variables Added in MariaDB 10.11.
List of All MariaDB 10.11 Releases
|16 Feb 2023||MariaDB 10.11.2||Stable (GA)||Release Notes||Changelog|
|17 Nov 2022||MariaDB 10.11.1||RC||Release Notes||Changelog|
|26 Sep 2022||MariaDB 10.11.0||Alpha||Release Notes|
Content reproduced on this site is the property of its respective owners, and this content is not reviewed in advance by MariaDB. The views, information and opinions expressed by this content do not necessarily represent those of MariaDB or any other party.