Changes and Improvements in MariaDB 11.3
- New Features & Improvements
- Security Vulnerabilities Fixed in MariaDB 11.3
- List of All MariaDB 11.3 Releases
New Features & Improvements
- Added a redirect mechanism using the redirect_url system variable (MDEV-15935)
- At the moment client-side support is missing
- Shrink temporary tablespaces without restart by setting the innodb_truncate_temporary_tablespace_now system variable. (MDEV-28699)
- Add keywords "SQL_BEFORE_GTIDS" and "SQL_AFTER_GTIDS" for START SLAVE UNTIL (MDEV-27247). SQL_BEFORE_GTIDS stops the replica when it sees gtids of the option's argument list, without executing them.
- SSL is now enabled in the server by default. No configuration necessary, if no server certificate was provided a self-signed certificate will be automatically generated by the server. See Mission Impossible: Zero-Configuration SSL on mariadb.org (MDEV-31856).
- Clients now can validate self-signed server certificates if the mysql_native_password or ed25519 authentication is used and account password is not empty (MDEV-31855).
- Clients now require SSL and have --ssl-verify-server-cert enabled by default (MDEV-31857).
- Replication clients do that too, MASTER_SSL_VERIFY_SERVER_CERT is enabled by default.
--disable-ssl-verify-server-certto revert to the old behavior.
- Clients can use new command line options --tls-fp and --tls-fplist to verify the server certificate by its fingerprint
- INET4 data types can now be cast into INET6 types (MDEV-31626)
- This means INET4 values can be compared with INET6 values and can be inserted into INET6 columns; the server can automatically convert INET4 value into INET6 as needed.
Date and Time
- DATE_FORMAT function can now print the current time zone abbreviation and current time zone offset from UTC with
%zformat specifiers. (MDEV-31684)
- Queries like UCASE(varchar_col)=... can now use an index on
varchar_colif its collation is case insensitive. An optimizer_switch option, sargable_casefold=ON, has been added to enable this optimization. (MDEV-31496)
- Add a new database-level privilege,
SHOW CREATE ROUTINEthat allows one to see the routine definition even if the user isn't the routine owner (MDEV-29167)
- Added a
SENT_ROWScolumn to the Information Schema PROCESSLIST table, as well as extended the display size for the columns in processlist to ensure that most results will fit in display (MDEV-3953)
- Add views for periods in information_schema (MDEV-22597), in particular
- New view INFORMATION_SCHEMA.PERIODS
- New view INFORMATION_SCHEMA.KEY_PERIOD_USAGE
- New columns
IS_SYSTEM_TIME_PERIOD_ENDin the INFORMATION_SCHEMA.COLUMNS view
- The Spider storage engine now supports table options instead of having to encode them in COMMENT/CONNECTION strings. When any table option is specified, Spider will ignore COMMENT/CONNECTION strings at the same table/partition/subpartition. A new variable spider_ignore_comments is introduced to ignore them globally at all levels (table/partition/subpartition). Another variable, spider_suppress_comment_ignored_warning, is introduced to suppress warnings when Spider ignores COMMENT/CONNECTION strings. (MDEV-28856)
The following deprecated features and system variables have been removed (MDEV-32104):
- debug (deprecated since MariaDB 5.5.37)
- sr_YU locale (deprecated since MariaDB 10.0.11)
- "engine_condition_pushdown" in optimizer_switch (deprecated since MariaDB 10.1.1)
- date_format, datetime_format, time_format, max_tmp_tables (deprecated since MariaDB 10.1.2)
- wsrep_causal_reads (deprecated since MariaDB 10.1.3)
- "parser" in mroonga table comment (deprecated since MariaDB 10.2.11)
- For a list of all new variables, see System Variables Added in MariaDB 11.3.
List of All MariaDB 11.3 Releases
Content reproduced on this site is the property of its respective owners, and this content is not reviewed in advance by MariaDB. The views, information and opinions expressed by this content do not necessarily represent those of MariaDB or any other party.