MariaDB 5.1.38 Changelog
Release date: 29 Oct 2009
MariaDB-5.1.38-beta is based on MySQL-5.1.38, but has these additional changes and bug fixes:
- mysql-test-run now has options
--stop-keep-alive(also accessible with environment variables MTR_STOP_FILE and MTR_STOP_KEEP_ALIVE). With these, it is possible to pause a running test temporarily and let it continue later. See mysql-test-run.
- Improvements to Gcov support in testing.
- New column TIME_MS in SHOW FULL PROCESSLIST and INFORMATION_SCHEMA.PROCESSLIST, similar to the old TIME column, but with microsecond resolution. Also fixes old TIME column to not be influenced by @TIMESTAMP. Patch by Percona.
- Optimizer improvement: Table elimination (MWL#17). See Table Elimination.
- Enhancements to slow log. Includes details of execution plan and microsecond-precision resolution. Based on microslow patch by Percona. See Slow Query Log Extended Statistics.
- PBXT storage engine. PBXT is developed by PrimeBase Technologies.
- XtraDB storage engine version 6 as a replacement for the MySQL built-in InnoDB. XtraDB is based on the Oracle/Innobase InnoDB plugin version 1.0.3, with enhancements. XtraDB is developed by Percona.
- Performance improvements for common cases of character set conversion. See Character Sets and Collations for a list of the character sets and collations included with MariaDB.
- Pool-of-threads, allowing to map a high number of simultaneous connections onto a lower number of operating system treads, to reduce overhead with using large number of threads.
- New handler call prepare_index_scan() and other small improvements to the internal storage engine handler API.
- ./configure now outputs a summary section at the end of the output. (By C.J. Adams-Collier).
- NDB storage engine disabled in MariaDB builds. (NDB is not supported in MariaDB).
--abort-source-on-errorto the mysql client.
- Faster CHECKSUM TABLE.
- Debugging code to check for taking mutexes in the wrong order, which enables to catch potential deadlocks in the server code.
- Maria storage engine. The Maria storage engine is an enhanment over the MyISAM storage engine which provides journaling and crash recovery.
- Added new startup option and test commands to mysqltest.
- mysqlslap: setting
--enginedoes not get replicated (MySQL Bug #46967).
- mysqlslap: specifying
--createdoes not work with
- rpl_do_grant fails on PB-2 with a failing connect (MySQL Bug #47016).
- Windows: mysql-test-run
--log-errorfixed to not add
--console. See mysql-test-run.
- The myisam_crash_before_flush_keys test fails on Windows (MySQL Bug #47455).
- rpl.rpl_get_master_version_and_clock fails on hpux11.31 (MySQL Bug #46931)
- safe_process: FATAL ERROR, Unknown option:
--nocore(MySQL Bug #46212).
- XtraDB crashes on startup on windows (Bug #417751)
- Eliminate compiler warnings.
- Fix parsing of enum-valued options for plugins (Bug #423035)
- Solaris build fixes.
- query_cache_debug.test fails (MySQL Bug #45632).
- enum-style command-line options are not honoured (maria.maria-recover fails) (MySQL Bug #41010)
- mysql-test-run sometimes terminated mysqld early, causing loss of memory leak error reports from Valgrind and GCov test coverage output (MySQL Bug #43418).
- Several Valgrind reported bugs in the source code fixed.
- Save SAFE_MUTEX configure #define in config.h, to facilitate correct build options for plugins.
- test maria.maria fails if server built without '
--with-partition' (Bug #330611).
Content reproduced on this site is the property of its respective owners, and this content is not reviewed in advance by MariaDB. The views, information and opinions expressed by this content do not necessarily represent those of MariaDB or any other party.