MariaDB 10.1.46 Release Notes
Release date: 10 Aug 2020
MariaDB 10.1 is a previous stable series of MariaDB. It is an evolution of MariaDB 10.0 with several entirely new features not found anywhere else and with backported and reimplemented features from MySQL 5.6 and 5.7.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
- Limit innodb_encryption_threads to 255 (MDEV-22258).
- Minimum value of max_sort_length raised to 8 (previously 4) so fixed size data types like DOUBLE and BIGINT are not truncated for lower values of max_sort_length (MDEV-22715).
- Innodb updated to 5.6.49
- Fixed corruption in delete buffering (MDEV-22497)
- Fixed a deadlock in FLUSH TABLES…FOR EXPORT (MDEV-22890)
- InnoDB data file extension is not crash-safe (MDEV-23190)
- Minor fixes related to encryption and FULLTEXT INDEX
- Crash recovery fix (MDEV-23190)
- Make the binlog dump thread to log into errorlog a requested GTID position (MDEV-20428)
- Fix stop of the optimistic parallel slave at requested START-SLAVE-UNTIL position (MDEV-15152)
- Properly handle
RESET MASTER TOvalue, when the value exceeds the max allowed
- Correct 'relay-log.info' updating by concurrent parallel workers (MDEV-22806)
- Eliminate deadlock involving parallel workers,
FLUSH TABLES WITH READ LOCK(MDEV-23089)
- ALTER TABLE ... ANALYZE PARTITION ... with EITS reads and locks all rows ... (MDEV-21472)
- Print ranges in the optimizer trace created for non-indexed columns when
optimizer_use_condition_selectivity >2Now the optimizer trace shows the ranges constructed while getting estimates from EITS (MDEV-22665)
LATERAL DERIVEDis not clearly visible in
EXPLAIN FORMAT=JSON, make
LATERAL DERIVEDtables visible in
EXPLAIN FORMAT=JSONoutput (MDEV-17568)
- div_precision_increment is now taken into account for all intermediate calculations. Previously results could be unpredictable. Note that this means results will have a lower precision in some cases - see div_precision_increment (MDEV-19232)
- XtraDB updated to 5.6.49-89.0
- TokuDB updated to 5.6.49-89.0
- MariaDB could crash after changing the query_cache size (MDEV-5924)
- Errors and SIGSEGV on CREATE TABLE w/ various charsets (MDEV-22111)
- Crash in
CREATE TABLE AS SELECTwhen the precision of returning type = 0 (MDEV-22502)
- XA: Reject DDL operations between PREPARE and COMMIT (MDEV-22420)
A file format compatibility bug that was introduced in MariaDB 10.1.0 was fixed in MariaDB 10.1.21.
Using page_compression or non-default innodb_page_size created files that were incompatible with MariaDB 10.0 or MySQL 5.6. MariaDB 10.1.21 and higher will convert affected files from earlier MariaDB 10.1 releases to a compatible format.
This prevents a downgrade to earlier MariaDB 10.1 versions.
See the commit for details.
Be notified of new MariaDB Server releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' lists.mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB plc customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB plc products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.