MariaDB 10.4.13 Release Notes
The most recent release of MariaDB 10.4 is:
MariaDB 10.4.28 Stable (GA) Download Now
Alternate download from mariadb.org
Download Release Notes Changelog Overview of 10.4
Release date: 12 May 2020
MariaDB 10.4 is the current stable series of MariaDB. It is an evolution of MariaDB 10.3 with several entirely new features not found anywhere else and with backported and reimplemented features from MySQL.
MariaDB 10.4.13 is a Stable (GA) release.
For an overview of MariaDB 10.4 see the What is MariaDB 10.4? page.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
- Fixed issue that, from MariaDB 10.3.19, disabled all events created by a server with a different
server_id. Note that the fix does not re-enable affected events. (MDEV-21758)
- SHOW PRIVILEGES now correctly lists the
Delete historyprivilege, rather than displaying it as
Delete versioning rows. (MDEV-20382)
- Optimizer flag rowid_filter leads to long query (MDEV-21794)
- WSREP_ON is unnecessarily expensive to evaluate (MDEV-22203
- Misc wsrep performance optimization (MDEV-7962)
- Added system user for user view which allows to remove root (MDEV-19650)
- WolfSSL updated
- ALTER USER doesn't remove excess authentication plugins from mysql.global_priv (MDEV-21928)
- mysql_upgrade creating empty global_priv table (MDEV-21244)
aria_packto support transactional tables and added options:
--require-control-file, more details here
- Error on online ADD PRIMARY KEY after instant DROP/reorder (MDEV-21658)
- Assertion failure in file data0type.cc (MDEV-20726)
- Server aborts upon attempt to create foreign key on spatial field (MDEV-21792)
- DROP COLUMN, DROP INDEX is wrongly claimed to be ALGORITHM=INSTANT (MDEV-22465)
- Introduce a file format constraint to ALTER TABLE. See innodb_instant_alter_column_allowed (MDEV-20590)
- FORCE all partition to rebuild if any one of the partition does rebuild (MDEV-21832)
- InnoDB aborts while adding instant column for discarded tablespace (MDEV-22446)
- Assertion `
!table->fts->in_queue' failed in
- FTS thread aborts during shutdown (MDEV-21563)
- Optimizer, Wrong query results with
- SHOW GRANTS does not quote role names properly (MDEV-20076)
- Paritioning INSERT chooses wrong partition for RANGE partitioning by DECIMAL column (MDEV-21195)
- Mariabackup does not honor ignore_db_dirs from server config (MDEV-19347)
--ftwrl-wait-timeoutnever times out on explicit lock (MDEV-20230)
- Running out of file descriptors and eventual crash (MDEV-18027)
- Galera wsrep library updated to 26.4.4
- Galera Cluster Node During IST gets stuck going from "Synced" to "Joining:..." (MDEV-21002)
- HeidiSQL updated to 11.0 (MDEV-22032)
- Wrong estimate of affected BLOB columns in update of PRIMARY KEY (MDEV-22384)
- Duplicate key value is silently truncated to 64 characters in
- Session tracking returns incorrectly long tracking data (MDEV-22504)
pam_user_map.sofile to binary tarball package (MDEV-21913)
- mysql_upgrade is made aware of the upstream slave tables to issue warnings when that takes place (MDEV-10047)
- Corruption for
SET GLOBAL innodb_string variables (MDEV-22393)
- mysqldump parameter,
--ignore-table-data, added (MDEV-22037)
- Server can fail while replicating conditional comments (Bug#28388217)
- Added the
xml-reportoption to mysql-test-run (MDEV-22176)
- Packages and repositories for Ubuntu 20.04 "focal" added
- As per the MariaDB Deprecation Policy, this will be the last release of MariaDB 10.4 for Debian 8 "Jessie"
- Fixes for the following security vulnerabilities:
For a complete list of changes made in MariaDB 10.4.13, with links to detailed information on each push, see the changelog.
For a full list of contributors to MariaDB 10.4.13, see the MariaDB Foundation release announcement. Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
Be notified of new MariaDB Server releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB Corporation customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB Corporation products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.