MariaDB 10.5.12 Release Notes
Download 10.5.12 Release Notes Changelog Overview of 10.5
Release date: 6 Aug 2021
Warning: This version can cause InnoDB file corruption on FreeBSD and on AIX. If you are using AIX, please, stick to an earlier release, or upgrade to a more recent release. If you are using FreeBSD, upgrade to the bugfix release (the version ends with _1) of the mariadb-server from the Ports Collection. See MDEV-26537.
MariaDB 10.5 is a previous stable series of MariaDB. It is an evolution of MariaDB 10.4 with several entirely new features not found anywhere else and with backported and reimplemented features from MySQL.
MariaDB 10.5.12 is a Stable (GA) release.
For an overview of MariaDB 10.5 see the What is MariaDB 10.5? page.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
- InnoDB no longer acquires advisory file locks by default (MDEV-24393)
- Encryption: Automatically disable key rotation checks for file_key_management plugin (MDEV-14180)
- Some fixes from MySQL 5.7.35 (MDEV-26205)
- Fixed scrubbing on AIX (MDEV-26110)
- Improved page flushing performance (MDEV-25954, MDEV-25948, MDEV-25801, MDEV-25113, MDEV-26004)
- A query that uses ORDER BY .. LIMIT clause and "Range checked for each record optimization" could produce incorrect results under some circumstances (MDEV-25858)
- Queries that have more than 32 equality conditions comparing columns of different tables ("tableX.colX=tableY.colY) could cause a stack overrun in the query optimizer (MDEV-17783, MDEV-23937)
- "Condition pushdown into derived table" optimization cannot be applied if the expression being pushed refers to a derived table column which is computed from expression that has a stored function call, @session variable reference, or other similar construct. The fix for MDEV-25969 makes it so that only the problematic part of the condition is not pushed. The rest of the condition is now pushed. (MDEV-25969)
- A query with window function on the left side of the subquery could cause a crash. (MDEV-25630)
- Fixed the issue fixed in MySQL Bug #76803: DML or locking SELECT statements
that use outer joins could produce this warning in the error log:
[ERROR] InnoDB: Unlock row could not find a 3 mode lock on the record.(MDEV-26106)
Packaging & Misc
- As per the MariaDB Deprecation Policy, this will be the last release of MariaDB 10.5 for Ubuntu 20.10 Groovy
- Debian 11 Bullseye repositories added
- Galera updated to 26.4.9
- Linux on IBM Z (s390x) architecture added with releases on Ubuntu-20.04 Focal
- Fixes for the following security vulnerabilities:
For a complete list of changes made in MariaDB 10.5.12, with links to detailed information on each push, see the changelog.
For a full list of contributors to MariaDB 10.5.12, see the MariaDB Foundation release announcement.
Be notified of new MariaDB Server releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB Corporation customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB Corporation products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.