MariaDB 10.3.24 Release Notes
Release date: 10 Aug 2020
MariaDB 10.3 is the previous stable series of MariaDB, and an evolution of MariaDB 10.2 with several entirely new features not found anywhere else and with backported and reimplemented features from MySQL.
For an overview of MariaDB Server 10.3 see the What is MariaDB 10.3? page.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
- Limit innodb_encryption_threads to 255 (MDEV-22258).
- Minimum value of max_sort_length raised to 8 (previously 4) so fixed size data types like DOUBLE and BIGINT are not truncated for lower values of max_sort_length (MDEV-22715).
- Fixed corruption in delete buffering (MDEV-22497)
- Fixed a deadlock in FLUSH TABLES…FOR EXPORT (MDEV-22890)
- InnoDB data file extension is not crash-safe (MDEV-23190)
- Minor fixes related to encryption and FULLTEXT INDEX
- Dropping the adaptive hash index may cause DDL to lock up InnoDB (MDEV-22456)
innodb_log_optimize_ddl=OFFis not crash safe (MDEV-21347)
- Mariadb service won't shutdown when it's running and the OS datetime updated backwards (MDEV-17481)
- Doublewrite recovery can corrupt data pages (MDEV-11799)
- Fixed race conditions related to buffer pool resizing
- ALTER TABLE fixes (MDEV-22637, MDEV-23244)
- Crash recovery fixes (MDEV-21347, MDEV-23190, MDEV-11799)
- Make the binlog dump thread to log into errorlog a requested GTID position (MDEV-20428)
- Fix stop of the optimistic parallel slave at requested START-SLAVE-UNTIL position (MDEV-15152)
- Properly handle
RESET MASTER TOvalue, when the value exceeds the max allowed
- Correct 'relay-log.info' updating by concurrent parallel workers (MDEV-22806)
- Eliminate deadlock involving parallel workers,
FLUSH TABLES WITH READ LOCK(MDEV-23089)
- Correct master-slave automatic reconnection by slave to always pass through all steps of the initial connect. Specifically, do not skip master notification about slave binlog checksum awareness (MDEV-14203)
- Refine mysqlbinlog output to print out
Gtid_log_eventprocessing which satisfies clients that submit the output with
- Replication aborts with
CREATE ... SELECTin ORACLE mode (MDEV-19632)
- ALTER TABLE ... ANALYZE PARTITION ... with EITS reads and locks all rows ... (MDEV-21472)
- Print ranges in the optimizer trace created for non-indexed columns when
optimizer_use_condition_selectivity >2Now the optimizer trace shows the ranges constructed while getting estimates from EITS (MDEV-22665)
LATERAL DERIVEDis not clearly visible in
EXPLAIN FORMAT=JSON, make
LATERAL DERIVEDtables visible in
EXPLAIN FORMAT=JSONoutput (MDEV-17568)
- Crash on
WITH RECURSIVElarge query (MDEV-22748)
- Crash with Prepared Statement with a '?' parameter inside a re-used CTE (MDEV-22779)
- MariaDB could crash after changing the query_cache size (MDEV-5924)
- Errors and SIGSEGV on CREATE TABLE w/ various charsets (MDEV-22111)
- Crash in
CREATE TABLE AS SELECTwhen the precision of returning type = 0 (MDEV-22502)
- XA: Reject DDL operations between PREPARE and COMMIT (MDEV-22420)
mariabackup --prepareon errors during innodb redo log applying (MDEV-22354)
- Server crashes in
mysql_alter_tableupon adding a non-null date column under
- Can't uninstall plugin if the library file doesn't exist (MDEV-21258)
- As per the MariaDB Deprecation Policy, this will be the last release of MariaDB 10.3 for Ubuntu 19.10 Eoan and Fedora 30
Be notified of new MariaDB Server, Galera Cluster and Connector releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB Corporation customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB Corporation products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.