MariaDB 10.2.38 Release Notes
Release date: 7 May 2021
MariaDB 10.2 is a previous stable series of MariaDB. It is an evolution of MariaDB 10.1 with several entirely new features not found anywhere else and with backported and reimplemented features from MySQL 5.6 and 5.7.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
- ST_DISTANCE_SPHERE for calculating the spherical distance between two geometries (point or multipoint) on a sphere (MDEV-13467)
- Crash with invalid multi-table update of view in 2nd execution of SP (MDEV-24823)
- Incorrect name resolution for subqueries in ON expressions (MDEV-25362)
- Complex query in Store procedure corrupts results (MDEV-25182)
- RENAME TABLE causes "Ignoring data file" messages (MDEV-25568)
- MVCC read from index on CHAR or VARCHAR wrongly omits rows (MDEV-25459)
- Race conditions in persistent statistics (MDEV-10682, MDEV-18802, MDEV-25051)
- Galera updated to 25.3.33
- SET PASSWORD command fail with wsrep api (MDEV-25258)
- Long BF log wait turns on InnoDB Monitor output without telling, never turns it off (MDEV-25319)
- Replication Heartbeat event was uncapable to cary 4GB+ offsets (MDEV-16146)
- FLUSH LOGS race against Binlog checkpoint event creation (MDEV-24526)
Packaging & Misc
- As per the MariaDB Deprecation Policy, this will be the last release of MariaDB 10.2 for Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial
Upgrading from 10.2 versions earlier than 10.2.17 is highly recommended
for all Galera users due to bug MDEV-12837 which caused serious stability
issues with earlier versions. See the bug issue page for more information.
When upgrading from MariaDB 10.2.16 or earlier to MariaDB 10.2.17 or higher,
running mysql_upgrade is required due to changes introduced in MDEV-14637.
MongoDB protocol support files for the CONNECT engine are missing in this release.
If you want to use CONNECT engine with MongoDB, you need to download
Mongo2.jar or Mongo3.jar and put a path to this file into the
connect_class_path in the
Be notified of new MariaDB Server releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB Corporation customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB Corporation products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.