MariaDB 10.3 is the current major development version.
Do not use alpha releases in production!
The following lists the major new features in MariaDB 10.3:
Syntax / general features
- CREATE SEQUENCE - MDEV-10139
- SHOW CREATE SEQUENCEER SEQUENCE]]
- DROP SEQUENCE
- NEXT VALUE FOR
- PREVIOUS VALUE FOR
- ALT* [[setval|SETVAL()
- INTERSECT and EXCEPT - MDEV-10141
- ROW data type for stored routine variables - MDEV-10914, MDEV-12007, MDEV-12291
- TYPE OF and ROW TYPE OF anchored data types for stored routine variables - MDEV-12461
- Cursors with parameters - MDEV-12457
- DDL Fast Fail - WAIT/NOWAIT - MDEV-11379, MDEV-11388
- CHR() function (MDEV-12685)
- DELETE statement can delete from the table that is used in a subquery in the
- Stored routine parameters can use
ROW TYPE OF(MDEV-13581)
- The server now supports the PROXY protocol - see also the new proxy_protocol_networks system variable (MDEV-11159)
When running with sql_mode=ORACLE, the server now understands a subset of Oracle's PL/SQL language instead of the traditional MariaDB syntax for stored routines. See MDEV-10142, MDEV-10764 and MariaDB-10.3.0 release notes to know the current status.
- Disable logging of certain statements to the general log or the slow query log with the log_disabled_statements and log_slow_disabled_statements system variables.
- A new option to log_slow_filter,
- New system variable gtid_pos_auto_engines for improving performance if a server is using multiple different storage engines in different transactions (MDEV-12179)
Data type API
10.3 continues refactoring for the data type API started in 10.2, which will make it possible to have user data type plugins. This work is still in progress (see MDEV-4912 for the current status and subtasks). Most of the task in this category do not change the server behavior. Some tasks do have a visible effect.
Connections with idle transactions can be automatically killed after a specified time period by means of the idle_transaction_timeout, idle_readonly_transaction_timeout and idle_readwrite_transaction_timeout system variables.
- New status variables Rpl_transactions_multi_engine, Transactions_gtid_foreign_engine, Transactions_multi_engine and Com_alter_sequence.
- session variables tracking is enabled by default (MDEV-11825)
- Remove deprecated variables innodb_file_format, innodb_file_format_check, innodb_file_format_max and innodb_large_prefix.
Comparison with MySQL
List of all MariaDB 10.3 releases
|29 Aug 2017||MariaDB 10.3.1||Alpha||Release Notes||Changelog|
|16 Apr 2017||MariaDB 10.3.0||Alpha||Release Notes||Changelog|