Our Business Development Representative (BDR) Internship Program provides a fantastic opportunity to learn about MariaDB, build business and sales acumen, and gain industry experience. Whether you’d like to explore a career in sales or understand the opportunities available at a technology company, we invite you to apply to join us for an incredible opportunity with MariaDB.
Join the team that’s revolutionizing the database
MariaDB is making a big impact on the world. Whether you’re checking your bank account, buying a coffee, shopping online, making a phone call, listening to music, taking out a loan or ordering takeout – MariaDB is the backbone of applications used everyday. Companies small and large, including 75% of the Fortune 500 run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people. With massive reach through Linux distributions, enterprise deployments and public clouds, MariaDB is uniquely positioned as the leading database for modern application development.
Business Development Representative Interns play a role in our growth by helping to produce qualified sales opportunities. We are looking for candidates who are excited about advancing their careers by revolutionizing the way data is stored and accessed. This is a 15-week program with new sessions beginning throughout the year.
- Learn how to source and prospect by shadowing Business Development Representatives and Account Executives
- Participate in team meetings, trainings, and events
- Collaborate with Marketing & Enablement on campaigns, messaging, and prospect feedback
- Partner with Sales Managers to plan and execute sales campaigns by targeting potential customers
- Research prospective clients and leverage sales tools to source new businesses and contacts
- Set up sales discovery calls with prospective clients and MariaDB Account Executives
- Record and manage daily work in tools such as Salesforce and Salesloft
- Promote MariaDB via social media
- Incoming college junior, senior or graduate student
- Minimum commitment of 25 hours per week
- Strong desire and willingness to learn
- Competitive spirit who displays initiative and persistence
- Receptive to constructive feedback
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, and presentation) and interpersonal skills (outgoing and personable)
- Ability to working independently and in team environments
- Ability to problem solve
- Desire to work in tech industry with a growing company
What’s in it for you?
As a BDR Intern, you’ll be paid to learn! During your internship, you’ll gain invaluable on the job skills in SaaS sales! By participating in our program, you will gain a leg up to build your career with MariaDB after graduation. In addition to the experience you’ll gain, you’ll be connected to a dynamic network of professionals, leaders, and executives.
How to Apply
Submit your application here.
MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MariaDB is an equal opportunity employer.