MariaDB is making a big impact on the world. Whether you’re checking your bank account, buying a coffee, shopping online, making a phone call, listening to music, taking out a loan or ordering takeout – MariaDB is the backbone of applications used everyday. Companies small and large, including 75% of the Fortune 500, run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people. With massive reach through Linux distributions, enterprise deployments and public clouds, MariaDB is uniquely positioned as the leading database for modern application development.
The Cloud Sales Representative is responsible for growing consumption of current and new MariaDB SkySQL cloud services within any number of customer segments. The ideal candidate will own the full sales cycle by engaging with customers continually throughout their adoption of SkySQL. A successful candidate will generate and maintain active engagements with customers and prospects, as well as consistently meet and exceed sales quotas.
- Win opportunities by driving the right customer solutions, resulting in continuous growth of SkySQL adoption
- Work effectively in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Follow up with leads in your territory within company SLAs, using relevant messaging via phone, email, and social media
- Build pipeline via outbound prospecting
- Maintain an accurate, robust pipeline and forecast of business opportunities
- Understand the technical requirements and certifications specific to the prospect or customer
- Manage and accelerate the sales pipeline by engaging with prospects, partners and key customers
- Set a strategic sales plan for your territories in line with the MariaDB strategic direction
- Prepare and deliver business reviews to the senior management team regarding monthly strategies
- Occasional travel may be required
- New logo sales hunter who can prospect and source leads to close new business
- Must be competitive, persistent, tenacious and self-disciplined with a track record of managing time efficiently and meeting personal goals
- 3+ years minimum technical, B2B sales experience in a solution sales/cloud technology environment
- Proactive and optimistic mindset with strong interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with prospecting and opportunity development using tools such as Salesloft, Salesforce.com and ZoomInfo
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
- Must have a legal right to work in the U.S.
Bonus Experience and Skills
- Knowledge and understanding of cloud database or data integration technologies
- Track record working effectively with internal, partner and customer teams
- Meets/exceeds MariaDB’s sales team requirements
- Meets/exceeds MariaDB’s functional/technical depth for this role
What’s in It for You?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking, values empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), stock options, a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
How to Apply
Submit your application here.
MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MariaDB is an equal opportunity employer.