MariaDB is making a big impact on the world. Whether you’re checking your bank account, buying a coffee, shopping online, making a phone call, listening to music, taking out a loan or ordering takeout – MariaDB is the backbone of applications used everyday. Companies small and large, including 75% of the Fortune 500 run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people. With massive reach through Linux distributions, enterprise deployments and public clouds, MariaDB is uniquely positioned as the leading database for modern application development.
Our mission is to develop the database for all, supporting any workload at any scale in any cloud. If you like to think big, here may be just the opportunity for you.
The MariaDB team is looking for an energetic and passionate problem solver to join our Developer Relations team as a Developer Evangelist! In this role, you will focus on building and cultivating the MariaDB cloud application developer community, inspiring developers to solve their data problems with MariaDB SkySQL and motivating our users to become champions of MariaDB.
You will also work closely with the Product and Engineering teams to relay feedback from our users, thereby helping us discover and solve challenging data problems. You will be responsible for understanding and using MariaDB with a level of confidence that is infectious to our users.
As a Developer Relations Evangelist, you will be responsible for:
- Driving awareness and adoption of MariaDB products and capabilities among developers across the world
- Educating and empowering developers that want to build solutions using MariaDB by producing compelling content in a variety of formats such as blog posts, walk-through tutorials, videos, sample applications and more
- Engaging with the MariaDB developer community, gaining an understanding of their needs, and advocating for them within the company
- Serving as an ambassador for MariaDB in-person and virtually at developer conferences, webinars, hackathons, and various other types of events
- Working closely with our Marketing, Producing and Engineering teams to help developers be successful using MariaDB products
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience developing applications in the cloud (AWS, GCP preferred) leveraging database as a service (DBaaS) options like AWS RDS, Aurora, GCP Cloud SQL, MariaDB SkySQL to persist and access data.
- Multiple years of hands-on CI/CD, DevOps experience, practical use of Terraform
- 2+ years of experience either as a developer evangelist/advocate or performing similar functions (building communities, creating technical content, etc.)
- Experience writing code in one or more languages (C / C++, Java, .NET (C#), PHP, Python, Ruby, Scala, TypeScript) and are comfortable showing/explaining technical concepts and approaches that were used
- Experience building and presenting technical content both in person and virtually – bonus points for providing samples!
- Strong understanding and experience using SQL and relational databases
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills and have experience with writing technical documentation or tutorials for a developer audience
Bonus Experience & Skills
- Experience working with one or more of the major Cloud Service Providers (AWS / Azure / GCP)
- Experience working with and supporting open source projects, developers, platforms, communities and/or user groups
- Experience with DevOps use cases and development practices, including having a solid understanding of popular CI/CD platforms, Docker, Kubernetes, and other cloud native technologies
- Familiarity with NoSQL database technologies
What’s in it for you?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking, empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), stock options, a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
How to Apply
Submit your application here.
MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MariaDB is an equal opportunity employer.