Are you interested in working in a dynamic and growing international company? Are you passionate about solving difficult, new, and unique problems? Do you have a knack for automating anything you have to do more than once? Want to work remotely, in the comfort of your home, apartment, local coffee shop, co-working space, park, wherever?
If you answered yes, then you will love working as a Devops/Kubernetes Engineer within the Cloud Platform Engineering team at MariaDB.
What You’ll Do
MariaDB is building a new team to better serve our customers in public cloud environments. As part of this team, you will work alongside software engineers, devops engineers, qa engineers, product managers, ux/ui designers, and the rest of the product team to ensure the best product with the best features gets built. Your input, guidance, and contributions will be invaluable to the project as a whole. We will look to you for innovative ideas to boost performance, reliability, and security of our database products in public cloud deployments.
MariaDB is a globally distributed company, telecommuting via the internet, and making heavy use of email, web, slack, and similar technologies. Because we must provide coverage to our customers 24x7x365, this position does occasionally involve on-call work on nights, weekends, and holidays, however we leverage our global team to minimize the impact as much as possible.
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- Effectively collaborate with other engineers remotely
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Kubernetes operator development experience
- Experience supporting a PaaS, IaaS, DBaaS, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker, etc
- Experience with AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud
- Working knowledge of infrastructure as code software tools such as Terraform
- In-depth knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Previous experience working remotely
- Contributions to open source software
- Extensive experience with multiple public cloud vendors
- Kubernetes certification
- Docker certification
- Google Cloud, AWS, and/or Azure certification
- Experience with ServiceNow Platform
- Networking knowledge/certification(s)
Remote, or in one of our following offices if you prefer:
- Columbus, OH
- San Diego, CA
- Redwood City, CA
- Austin, TX
- Seattle, WA
What’s in it for you?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking and empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), medical/dental/vision insurance, stock options, 401k, a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application along with resume/CV to email@example.com. MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.