MariaDB is making a big impact on the world. Whether you’re checking your bank account, buying a coffee, shopping online, making a phone call, listening to music, taking out a loan or ordering takeout – MariaDB is the backbone of applications used everyday. Companies small and large, including 75% of the Fortune 500 run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people. With massive reach through Linux distributions, enterprise deployments and public clouds, MariaDB is uniquely positioned as the leading database for modern application development.
At MariaDB, the Director of Partners & Alliances for EMEA is an experienced, articulate, highly energetic business development, channel & partner manager with excellent communication, solution selling, and leadership skills. A successful track record in alliances enablement and management with a demonstrated ability to exceed quota in an entrepreneurial environment is required.
The role reports to the VP EMEA. Ideally, the candidate should understand, master, and articulate the value proposition for Open Source Software within the vendor, partner & reseller ecosystem. This requires functional product knowledge, as well as a vendor’s technical, business and interoperability requirements. An understanding of the cloud and enterprise database markets is a major plus.
You will be responsible for managing the entire partner ecosystem for EMEA. This includes but is not limited to CSPs, GSIs, VADs, VARs, MSPs, SIs, ISVs, resellers & PS partners. Responsibilities include:
- Develop, propose and manage the MariaDB partner program
- Develop trusted relationships that distinguish MariaDB’s value with partners in the EMEA region
- Enable a network of Value Added Distributors and Resellers across EMEA
- Lead and drive ISV evangelization, adoption, deployment and support for MariaDB as a default database
- Recruit, enable and manage consulting and PS partners to deliver high quality consulting services on MariaDB products at accounts all over EMEA
- Develop and manage the associated legal framework
- Work effectively with MariaDB’s peer functional organizations, particularly the Marketing organization
- Utilize Company tools and comply with the processes that are critical to planning, tracking and scaling our business
- Work closely with the MariaDB technical leadership to plan and allocate the resources needed for pre-sales and post-sales activities. Ensure resources in this regard are used responsibly and that they are aligned with the strategy of the Company.
- Recruit and manage the EMEA Partners & Alliances Team
- 5+ years successfully building and leading world-class revenue generating partnerships in a technology environment
- Candidates must be results-driven, self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- Strong executive communication presence. Excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate and sell effectively at senior level.
- Strong project management skills with experience gaining consensus and driving deliverables with individuals inside and outside the organization
Bonus Experience & Skills
- Deep knowledge of the open source ecosystem including community and commercial licensing models.
- Ability to differentiate Enterprise OSS offerings
- Database experience
- Familiarity with Salesforce and other sales and marketing tools
MariaDB is a distributed company with a primarily remote working culture. Preferred locations for this role are in major business hubs like London, Paris or Frankfurt however other locations in Europe will be considered.
What’s in it for you?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking, empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), stock options, a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
How to Apply
Submit your application here.
MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MariaDB is an equal opportunity employer.