MariaDB is making a big impact on the world. Whether you’re checking your bank account, buying a coffee, shopping online, making a phone call, listening to music, taking out a loan or ordering takeout – MariaDB is the backbone of applications used everyday. Companies small and large, including 75% of the Fortune 500 run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people. With massive reach through Linux distributions, enterprise deployments and public clouds, MariaDB is uniquely positioned as the leading database for modern application development.
A Senior Solutions Engineer is responsible for providing technical sales support in the EMEA region for enterprise customer accounts and Partners, with a strong focus on customer satisfaction.
The candidate will primarily work remotely, travel in the EMEA region and travel will be required when appropriate.
The Senior Solutions Engineer reports to the EMEA Technical Director. Compensation structure includes a base salary with a variable component based on revenue.
Support pre-sales activities in the designated territory/territories and region by:
- Participating in sales calls and onsite visits with prospects to make technical presentations
- Understanding customer requirements and translating them into a technical solution
- Supporting the partner eco-system with training and enablement
- Participating / presenting at industry shows, user groups and other public events or webinars
- Preparing appropriate roadmap presentations for key accounts
- Working with Product Managers to provide input to the roadmap and create the customer ready presentations
Track, monitor, and respond to company interactions with existing customers by:
- Ensuring the technical win for each sales opportunity
- Running workshops and demos to evaluate new technologies
- Following Technical Support incidents to help overcome roadblocks
- Documenting customers’ requirements and producing Statements of Work with and for consultants
- Developing accounts to help Sales Representatives grow the account
- Collaborating with Services delivery team for onsite visits to key accounts in the territory
- Interacting with Product Management and Engineering teams to:
- Help steer the products based on customer demands and prospect trends
- Act as the customer advocate
- Define product features participating in key product meetings as needed
- Validate new service and product offerings with customers and prospects
- Interacting with and training Channel and other Go To Market Partners
- A determination to establish customer satisfaction
- B.A. / B.Sc. or equivalent work experience
- 5 years in software solution pre-sales, with database experience
- Expert knowledge of MariaDB and/or MySQL, certifications recommended
- Knowledge of one or more of the following database technologies:
- NoSQL – MongoDB, Redis, Apache Cassandra
- SQL – Oracle, Sybase, DB2, SQL Server
- Knowledge of database design, administration, and architecture
- Experience with Web/Application environments recommended, such as:
- Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, Weblogic, Websphere, Lighthttd
- Sysadmin experience from the following operating systems:
- Linux RedHat/CentOS and Debian/Ubuntu
- Windows 2000 and 2003 server
- Experience with virtualization & containerization software, such as:
- Xen, Virtualbox, Vmware
- MesoSphere, Kubernetes
- Amazon EC2, Google Cloud Platform and other cloud knowledge
- Very strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel as required
- Ability to work remotely
- Excellent spoken and written English. Multiple languages and/or multi-country experience is a plus.
What’s in it for you?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking, empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), stock options, a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
How to Apply
MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MariaDB is an equal opportunity employer.