MariaDB is making a big impact on the world. Whether you’re checking your bank account, buying a coffee, shopping online, making a phone call, listening to music, taking out a loan or ordering takeout – MariaDB is the backbone of applications used everyday. Companies small and large, including 75% of the Fortune 500 run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people. With massive reach through Linux distributions, enterprise deployments and public clouds, MariaDB is uniquely positioned as the leading database for modern application development.
We are in search of an Executive Administrator/Office Manager to support our Redwood City-based CEO and MariaDB office. The ideal individual is someone who is comfortable managing a diverse workload and confident in prioritizing tasks with a sense of urgency. In this role, you will act as a right-hand to the CEO by anticipating his needs, moving quickly, and creatively problem-solving in order to fully leverage his time. Someone who is an excellent communicator, takes ownership and closes loops without guidance, and has excellent problem-solving skills will thrive in this role. This is a great opportunity to join an experienced and growing team!
- Manage CEO’s calendar and proactively optimize his schedule to ensure time is being leveraged effectively and efficiently. Monitor and manage key meetings for changes to adjust and communicate as needed
- Coordinate and manage domestic and international travel schedules.
- Facilitate communication between appropriate stakeholders at all levels
- Maintain confidentiality and protect operations by having a high level of discretion
- Anticipate the needs of the CEO. Plan ahead and be resourceful
- Prioritize and resolve conflicting needs with little to no guidance
- Work closely with the Board of Directors to schedule and coordinate meetings
- Prepare and manage expense reports
- Assist Finance with bank deposits as needed
- Occasionally undertake personal assistant responsibilities
- Responsible for day-to-day office operations running smoothly
- Order catered lunches as needed
- Handle front office operations (e.g., receiving visitors, sorting mail)
- Work closely with facility vendors and landlord
- Manage logistics for events, meetings, team dinners
- Act as a nurturer of company culture. Ensure that our environment is productive, fun, inclusive and stimulating. Occasionally organize and run office festivities such as happy hours, special events, and other gatherings.
- Establish and enhance strong relationships as building liaison and “face” of the company
- Ensure kitchen supplies, snacks, and beverages are stocked daily
- Additional ad hoc support responsibilities as needed
- 5-8+ years of previous experience providing direct c-level support
- Technically savvy
- Ability to interface with every level of the organization.
- Work well under pressure in a fast-paced, time-sensitive, ever-changing environment. Ability to switch gears and adapt to changes as priorities pivot
- Superior organizational skills and great follow-through on tasks
- Be a problem solver at heart with a genuine interest in learning by helping
- The ability to work across different time zones
- Efficient self-starter and decision-maker that can act on instinct.
- Skilled in Google Suite, Microsoft Suite, Slack, Expensify, and Zoom
- The ability to exercise good judgment and discretion in a variety of situations
- Positive go-getter attitude who can thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Some travel may be required
Redwood City, CA. This is an office-based position with occasional work from home opportunities.
What’s in it for you?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking, empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), stock options, a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
How to Apply
Submit your application here.
MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MariaDB is an equal opportunity employer.