Are you interested in working in a dynamic and growing international company with a strong Open Source culture and whose products are used by big Internet and other companies all over the world? MariaDB is the fastest growing Open Source database worldwide, with more than 12 million users. We power applications at companies like booking.com, Virgin Mobile and Wikipedia, and we partner with companies like Alibaba and Facebook. The company was founded by the team that founded and built MySQL and enjoys unprecedented technical depth for a startup.
We are a distributed global team, working from home, coworking spaces and some in offices depending on the location, telecommuting via the internet, and making heavy use of email, web, Skype, and similar technologies. Prior experience from this form of working environment is ideal. Candidates must be self-motivated and able to work autonomously.
- Develop new functionality in MariaDB Galera Cluster
- Bug fixing in MariaDB Galera Cluster
- Develop tests for functionality in MariaDB Galera Cluster
- Strong C and C++ skills
- Knowledge of distributed algorithms
- Experience in developing techniques for high availability and scaling out data
Helpful Skills (not mandatory)
- Previous experience in MariaDB, MySQL or Galera development
- Familiarity with SQL and MariaDB or MySQL
- Open source development
- Language requirement: English – our corporate language
- Problem solving mindset
- Able to present and discuss ideas and cooperate
What’s in it for you?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB – the startup founded by the MySQL team. Be part of a game- changing organization that encourages outside-the- box thinking and empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry.
You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave, and a massive degree of flexibility and freedom – along with the personal responsibility these come with.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application along with resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.