MariaDB Corporation is looking for an enthusiastic and energetic Marketing and Social Media Intern to join our dynamic, fast-paced software company.
Dual headquartered in Finland and California, MariaDB has changed the way data is accessed and stored. 75% of the Fortune 500 run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people everyday. With massive reach through Linux distributions, enterprise deployments and public clouds, MariaDB has a unique opportunity to make a big impact through our social channels.
The ideal candidate has a passion for social media, obsession with technology, strong writing skills, an eye for graphical design, and is hungry to learn new skills and topics.
This role is based in Redwood City, CA, where you will report directly to the Director of Corporate Communications.
As a Social Media Intern, you’ll benefit from:
- Practical, hands-on marketing experience
- Honing your storytelling skills by creating compelling narratives for social media
- Being an integral member of our mighty marketing team
- Learning about the exciting world of open source databases
- Lots of sea lion swag!
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Create and post content to our social media channels
- Execute social media campaigns that educate, inform and engage our audience
- Grow our social media followers
- Coordinate compelling visuals
- Work closely with the rest of the marketing team to support launches, announcements, events, blogs and campaigns
- Track engagements, conversions and other metrics
- Other marketing activities as needed
What’s in it for you?
- 3-month program; can be renewed with approval
- Full-time or part-time, paid internship
- Work out of our Redwood City HQ office
- Start in December 2019
Redwood City, CA
How To Apply
Submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- 280 characters on why you want to work as an intern at MariaDB Corporation.
- Send three creatively written tweets promoting something on the mariadb.com website.
- Resume and link to your LinkedIn profile.
MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is an equal opportunity employer.