MariaDB is making a big impact on the world. Whether you’re checking your bank account, buying a coffee, shopping online, making a phone call, listening to music, taking out a loan or ordering takeout – MariaDB is the backbone of applications used everyday. Companies small and large, including 75% of the Fortune 500 run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people. With massive reach through Linux distributions, enterprise deployments and public clouds, MariaDB is uniquely positioned as the leading database for modern application development.
MariaDB has created a DBaaS (database-as-a-service) to make provisioning and running MariaDB Enterprise Server in the cloud easy. We build tools to improve the management, configuration, and observation of our cloud database. Successful candidate will join the team which builds and accelerates the delivery of this product.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Design, develop, and test major features of our monitoring infrastructure
- Interact with other product development groups in the company to build new features and bring out business value for our customers
- Work as part of a broader team to ensure the right and best product gets built
- Support other divisions of MariaDB with technical skill and experience
- Be part of the team
- Minimum 3 years experience as DevOps engineer
- Minimum 7 years total experience in software development
- Experience running Kubernetes clusters on production
- Understanding of monitoring technologies like Prometheus, Grafana, ELK stack, Nagios, Zabbix, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of Linux/Unix
- Experience with Cloud Networking
- Experience with any back-end programming language
- Excellent technical communication skills, the ability to elaborate complex technical concepts and collaborate effectively with fellow engineers
- Language requirement: English, our corporate language
- Problem-solving mindset
- A passion for high quality software and ability to work with a small team in a distributed company
Bonus Experience and Skills
- Experience in monitoring production databases
- Experience building complex CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins
- Experience with Google Cloud
- Comfortable in microservices environments
What’s in it for You?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking, empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), stock options, a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
How to Apply
MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MariaDB is an equal opportunity employer.