MariaDB is making a big impact on the world. Whether you’re checking your bank account, buying a coffee, shopping online, making a phone call, listening to music, taking out a loan or ordering takeout – MariaDB is the backbone of applications used everyday. Companies small and large, including 75% of the Fortune 500 run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people. With massive reach through Linux distributions, enterprise deployments and public clouds, MariaDB is uniquely positioned as the leading database for modern application development.
Are you interested in working in a dynamic and growing international company? Are you passionate about solving difficult, new, and unique problems? Do you excel at analyzing and implementing security controls? If you answered yes, then you will love working as a Security Engineer within the Information Technology team at MariaDB.
Headquartered in Finland and California, MariaDB has changed the way data is accessed and stored. 75% of the Fortune 500 run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people every day. With massive reach through Linux distributions, enterprise deployments and public clouds, MariaDB has a unique opportunity to make a big impact with our enterprise open source database solutions.
MariaDB is expanding our security team to continue enhancing security for both MariaDB Corporation and our SkySQL service. As part of this team, you will work with users across many departments to build, maintain and run a comprehensive security program.
- Work with Product Management to design and prioritize security features for SkySQL
- Work with engineering to ensure implementation of security features in all layers of the product.
- Write security and policies and procedures to ensure security of operations and systems at MariaDB.
- Assist in compliance and certification programs.
- Work with Sales to explain MariaDB’s security programs and features to customers and prospects.
- Perform key Security Operations functions for MariaDB’s Cloud Infrastructure: Vulnerability Management, Security Incident Management, Security Incident Response etc.
- Audit, detect and remediate critical security exposures in AWS, Azure and GCP Cloud Infrastructure
- Identify new security threats by conducting continuous monitoring, penetration testing, vulnerability assessments and log analysis
- Maintain strong awareness of events in the external community to identify threats and opportunities for enhancement.
- Daily review and resolution of security issues as a result of assessments and other sources
- Participate in investigation of security incidents in coordination with internal teams
- Participate in security review and acceptance of new products or feature changes.
- Implement simple automation for security tasks such as audit evidence collection, metrics collection, reporting etc.
- Provide technical hands on support to ensure consistent security controls are maintained for cloud infrastructure and microservices
- 5-7 years related experience in Computer Security
- Team player
- Good communication skills
- Expert knowledge of cloud architecture and security (AWS,GCP, Azure)
- Experience with using security tools/solutions like firewalls, intrusion detection systems, vulnerability scanning and static code analysis
- Knowledge of potential attack vectors such as XSS, injection, hijacking, social engineering, etc
- Skilled in discussing complex security issues in understandable business terms.
- Ability to automate tasks through Python or equivalent.
- Experience in designing and implementing standards, specifications and procedures.
Bonus Experience & Skills
- Knowledge of Kubernetes a plus
- Knowledge of SOC2 a plus
- MariaDB/MySQL or other RDBMS experience
Remote in the US or EMEA
What’s in it for you?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking, empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), stock options, a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
How to Apply
Submit your application here.
MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MariaDB is an equal opportunity employer.