MariaDB is making a big impact on the world. Whether you’re checking your bank account, buying a coffee, shopping online, making a phone call, listening to music, taking out a loan or ordering takeout – MariaDB is the backbone of applications used everyday. Companies small and large, including 75% of the Fortune 500 run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people. With massive reach through Linux distributions, enterprise deployments and public clouds, MariaDB is uniquely positioned as the leading database for modern application development.
As a part of the MariaDB Cloud Platform team, you will help develop the next generation of the monitoring service. We are looking for a senior hands-on Monitoring Engineer with experience using Prometheus, Grafana, and Cortex. You will be working on the next generation of our Monitoring product with a nimble, robust, and globally scalable architecture.
- 5+ years experience building SaaS products
- 2+ years of development experience in related fields like Observability, Site-Reliability-Engineering, Distributed Computing
- Experience developing containerized applications (Docker)
- Experience with container orchestration tools (Kubernetes, Terraform)
- Solid API design skills
- Strong expertise in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Strong interest in learning new technologies
- Good written communication skills
- Ability to work remotely across time zones
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Computer Science or any related field
Bonus Experience and Skills
- Direct exposure to the core components of Prometheus, Cortex, Grafana is a plus
- Large distributed systems design and development experience is a plus
- Experience with database technologies
What’s in it for you?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking, empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), stock options, a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
Remote (United States)
How to Apply
MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MariaDB is an equal opportunity employer.