MariaDB is making a big impact on the world. Whether you’re checking your bank account, buying a coffee, shopping online, making a phone call, listening to music, taking out a loan or ordering takeout – MariaDB is the backbone of applications used everyday. Companies small and large, including 75% of the Fortune 500, run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people. With massive reach through Linux distributions, enterprise deployments and public clouds, MariaDB is uniquely positioned as the leading database for modern application development.
- Architect and design database features
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle including programming, debugging, and creating new features
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- A general understanding of RDBMS and/or noSQL internals and/or in-depth use of databases in application development
- Actual experience with developing database engines a big plus
Bonus Experience & Skills
- 5+ years of full lifecycle software development experience
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- Excellent communications skills
- Full lifecycle software development experience
- Proficiency in software engineering tools, both enterprise, and open source
- Expert level C++, Python, Unix OS, as well as good SQL
- Understanding of distributed systems, experience in building and supporting multi-processing applications
- Familiarity with modern cloud technologies (AWS, GCP)
- Some experience interacting with customers, users, product managers, support personnel
- General understanding of analytical database market and trends
- Ability to create designs and specifications based on requirements
New York or remote
What’s in It for You?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking, values empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), stock options, a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
How to Apply
Submit your application here.
MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MariaDB is an equal opportunity employer.