Are you interested in working in a dynamic and growing international company with a strong Open Source culture and whose products are used by big Internet and other companies all over the world? MariaDB is the fastest growing Open Source database worldwide, with more than 12 million users. We power applications at companies like Deutsche Bank, DBS Bank, Nasdaq, Red Hat, The Home Depot, ServiceNow and Verizon, and we partner with companies like Alibaba and Facebook. The company was founded by the team that created MySQL and enjoys unprecedented technical depth for a startup.
We are a distributed global team, working from home, co-working space and some in offices depending on the location, telecommuting via the internet, and making heavy use of email, web, slack, and similar technologies. Prior experience in this form of working environment is ideal. Candidates must be self-motivated and able to work autonomously.
- Write and execute manual and automated test cases
- Report defects and issues
- Analyze test results
- At least 5 years of experience as a QA
- Experience in testing of software systems with distributed architecture
- Knowledge of SQL
- Strong knowledge of Linux/Unix systems
- Experience in shell scripting
- Knowledge of containerization and virtualization
Helpful skills (not mandatory)
- Knowledge in some programming language, preferable C/C++
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Experience in back-end testing
- Experience in application or network administration
- Language requirement: English, our corporate language
- Problem solving mindset
- Able to present and discuss ideas and cooperate
What’s in it for you?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB – the startup founded by the MySQL team. Be part of a game- changing organization that encourages outside-the- box thinking and empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave, and a massive degree of flexibility and freedom – along with the personal responsibility these come with.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application along with resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.