MariaDB Corporation has a new opportunity for a Solutions Architect – North America to join our dynamic, fast-paced software company.
Dual headquartered in Finland and California, MariaDB has changed the way data is accessed and stored. 75% of the Fortune 500 run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people every day.
What You’ll Do
As a Solutions Architect you will be acting as the primary point of technical expertise for the MariaDB Landscape of Solutions. You will be actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process and explain the technical and functional aspects of MariaDB solutions to prospects and customers. Traveling with a partner Account Executive and servicing strategic MariaDB customers and potential customers, you will act as the expert voice of MariaDB in the field.
We are looking for a passionate technical seller, able to roll up your sleeves and dive into the technology but willing to forge and own new customer relationships. This job will require a strong attention to detail, excellent time management and organizational skills, and a desire to help our customers grow.
- Act as the primary technical subject matter expert for the MariaDB Field Sales team
- Engage in technical selling focusing on customers adopting MariaDB Technologies
- Demonstrate ownership of your personal book of business acting as an equal partner with your sales counterparts
- Help design, manage, test, and report on customer Proof of Concept efforts
- Assist in troubleshooting, designing feature enhancements, and setting product development direction interacting directly with customers, sales, and product development teams.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by providing high quality services
- Communicate with Sales and Engineering teams to ensure continued customer satisfaction
- Be ready to lead within the internal MariaDB ecosystem taking on specialized roles and responsibilities as needed
- Expert knowledge of enterprise database systems, MariaDB or MySQL and alike technologies desired; certifications are a plus
- Previous experience in presales (5+ Years) of data-focused technologies
- Knowledge of database design, administration, and architecture
- Public cloud expertise, cloud database technologies (RDS, Aurora, CloudSQL) desired
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure and containerization such as Kubernetes and Docker
- Very strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Regular travel, occasionally internationally
- Excellent verbal & written skills
- Time management and strong organizational skills
- Experience with enterprise data technologies
– Oracle, MSSQL, Teradata, DataDog, CockroachDB, Redis, Cassandra, Snowflake
- Experience with web/application environments is a plus:
– Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, Weblogic, Websphere, Lighttpd
- Familiarity of systems installation, configuration, monitoring & management is a plus
– Ansible, Salt, Chef, Puppet, Terraform
– Zabbix, Cacti, Nagios, MonYOG, Prometheus, Grafana
– NewRelic, AppDynamics
- Knowledge of multiple shell and programming languages (developer experience desirable):
–e.g. Bash, PHP, Java, C, C#, Python
- Systems Administration or Architecture experience from the following operating systems
– Linux RedHat/CentOS and Debian/Ubuntu
- Routing and load balancing implementation experience:
– e.g. MaxScale, ProxySQL, MySQL Proxy, NLB, ELB, HAProxy
Anywhere in the U.S.
What’s in it for You?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking and empowerment, that is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation and benefits package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), stock options, a massive degree of flexibility, freedom, and more.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application along with resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation. MariaDB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.