Are you interested in working in a dynamic and growing international company whose products are used by big Internet and other companies all over the world? MariaDB is the fastest-growing open source database worldwide, with more than 12 million users. We power applications at companies like Deutsche Bank, DBS Bank, Nasdaq, Red Hat, ServiceNow and Verizon, and we partner with companies like Alibaba and Facebook. The company was founded by the team that created MySQL and enjoys unprecedented technical depth for a startup.
What You’ll Do
As a member of the MariaDB Cloud Platform development team, you will be responsible for design and implementation of features in MariaDB Cloud that includes Kubernetes Operator, infrastructure automation and performance tests in K8S platform.
- Design and develop features in MariaDB K8S operator framework.
- Develop various components of cloud based DBaaS infrastructure.
- Identify performance problems and develop solutions to fix them.
- Collaborate with Product, Support, DevOps, QA and architects in designing highly secure infrastructure.
- Implement high quality, secure and robust applications with optimal performance in a fast-paced environment.
- Lead and mentor junior team members.
Technical Skills and Qualifications
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or higher
- 10+ years of experience in software development with 5+ years in distributed software development
- Deep understanding of algorithms & data structures and their runtime complexities
- Solid understanding of OS Internals and networking
- Experience with containers and Kubernetes in public cloud is a must
- Proficiency in any of C/C++, Java, Python or Go
- Experience working with any of GCP/AWS/Azure
- Experience development in the Unix/Linux environment
- Excellent knowledge of RDBMSs, experience with MariaDB/MySQL is a plus
- Familiarity with ServiceNow development is a plus
Redwood City, CA
What’s in it for you?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking and empowerment, and truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), medical/dental/ vision insurance, stock options, 401(k), a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application along with resume/CV to email@example.com.
MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is an equal opportunity employer.