A Senior Solutions Engineer is responsible for providing pre- and post- technical sales support in South East region for Enterprise accounts and Partners. The candidate will also be performing consulting & training tasks in the region as required. The candidate must have fluent written and verbal English language skills.
The Senior Solutions Engineer reports to the V.P. of Customer Success. The compensation structure is a base salary and a variable component based on revenues and quarterly objectives.
- Support pre-sales activities in the designated territory(ies) and region by:
- Participating in sales calls and onsite visits with prospects to make technical presentations
- Participate / present at industry shows, user groups and other public events or webinars
- Preparing appropriate roadmap presentations for key accounts
- Working with Product Managers to provide input to the roadmap and create the customer ready presentations
- Track, monitor, and respond to company interactions with existing customers by:
- Ensuring the technical win for each sales opportunity
- Running workshops and demos to evaluate new technologies
- Follow Tech Support incidents to help overcome roadblocks
- Document customers’ product wish list
- Mine accounts to assist the Sales Representatives grow the account
- Collaborate with Services delivery team for onsite visits to key accounts in the territory
- Interact with Product Management and Engineering teams to help steer the products based on customer demands and prospect trends:
- Acting as the customer advocate
- Help define product features participating in key product meetings as needed
- Validate new service and product offerings with customers and prospects.
- Interact with Channel and other Go To Market Partners
- B.A. / B.Sc. or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years track record in software solution pre-sales, with database experience highly preferred.
- Expert knowledge of MariaDB and/or MySQL, certifications recommended
- Knowledge of one or more of the following database technologies
- NoSQL – MongoDB, Redis, Apache Cassandra
- SQL – Oracle, Sybase, DB2, SQL Server
- Knowledge of database design, administration, and architecture
- Knowledge of multiple programming languages (developer experience recommended):
- PHP, Java, C, C#, Python
- Experience with Web/Application environments recommended:
- Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, Weblogic, Websphere, Lighthttd
- Sysadmin experience from the following operating systems:
- Linux RedHat/CentOS and Debian/Ubuntu
- Windows 2000 and 2003 server
- Familiarity of systems installation, configuration, monitoring & management
- Ansible, Salt, Chef, Puppet
- Zabbix, Cacti, Nagios, MonYOG, Prometheus
- NewRelic, AppDynamics
- Experience with virtualization & containerization software required:
- Xen, Virtualbox, Vmware
- MesoSphere, Kubernetes
- Amazon EC2 and other cloud knowledge recommended
- Very strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Ability to work remotely.
- Excellent spoken and written English is a requirement. Multiple languages and/or multi-country experience is a plus.
Candidate must be located in the Austin, TX Area.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application along with resume/CV to email@example.com. MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.