Are you interested in working in a dynamic and growing international company with a strong Open Source culture and whose products are used by big Internet and other companies all over the world? MariaDB is the fastest growing Open Source database worldwide, with more than 12 million users. We power applications at companies like booking.com, Virgin Mobile and Wikipedia, and we partner with companies like Alibaba and Facebook. The company was founded by the team that founded and built MySQL and enjoys unprecedented technical depth for a startup
We are a distributed global team, working from home, coworking spaces and some in offices depending on the location, telecommuting via the internet, and making heavy use of email, web, Skype, and similar technologies. Prior experience from this form of working environment is ideal. Candidates must be self-motivated and able to work autonomously.
- Understand customer database use cases
- Design realistic testing environments, configurations, and workloads to simulate real- world customer scenarios (replication deployments, clustered deployments, etc.)
- Test full lifecycle of product experience, from download, installation to management
- Write and execute manual and automated full stack integration test cases
- Analyze test results and report defects and issues to the various teams
- Strong experience in full stack testing (front-end, connectors, proxy & backend)
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Experience in working both in Linux and Windows
- Experience in shell scripting
- Experience in testing of software systems with distributed architecture
- Work with virtualization/abstraction tools (e.g. qemu, KVM, LXC, Docker, VirtualBox, VMware)
- Experience with cloud environments (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) & APIs/SDKs
Helpful Skills (not mandatory)
- Knowledge in some programming language, preferable C/C++
- Knowledge in different RDBMSs
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix systems
- Knowledge of software repositories and packaging such as yum, zypper, apt as well as directly with dpkg and rpm
- Language requirement: English – our corporate language
- Self-driven, proactive, pragmatic and motivated to deliver high quality solutions
- Able to present and discuss ideas and cooperate
What’s in it for you?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB – the startup founded by the MySQL team. Be part of a game- changing organization that encourages outside-the- box thinking and empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry.
You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave, and a massive degree of flexibility and freedom – along with the personal responsibility these come with.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application along with resume/CV to email@example.com. MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.