MariaDB is making a big impact on the world. Whether you’re checking your bank account, buying a coffee, shopping online, making a phone call, listening to music, taking out a loan or ordering takeout – MariaDB is the backbone of applications used everyday. Companies small and large, including 75% of the Fortune 500, run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people. With massive reach through Linux distributions, enterprise deployments and public clouds, MariaDB is uniquely positioned as the leading database for modern application development.
As a key leader of the Finance organization, the Director of Finance will report directly to the CFO and will be responsible for strategic planning, budgeting, forecasting and reporting, as well as, contributing to the development and execution of MariaDB’s strategic goals. In addition to these responsibilities, the Director will be key to developing and implementing policies and procedures both in the finance and operational realms. This position will manage a small Financial Planning team, be a strong business partner to department and business leaders and will provide insightful and actionable analyses to improve process, efficiency and profitability.
- Lead execution of the Company’s annual budget process, managing budgeting tools, reporting and communication.
- Prepare monthly / quarterly forecasts including quantitative data as well as communicate risks and assumptions clearly.
- Ensure that all budgets and forecasts are accurate, comprehensive and completed in a timely fashion.
- Support the preparation of the Company’s long-range strategic planning models.
- Identify and manage tools for budget execution, forecast and reporting.
- Work closely with CFO and Management team on reports and presentations to the Board, Audit Committees, investors and financial institutions.
- Deliver monthly reporting package that includes financial operating statements, analysis of operating results against budget, prior periods and forecasts, and comprehensive executive level explanations.
- Manage and develop direct report to be an effective business partner to functional areas of the business.
- Present, analyze, and interpret relevant financial data and business metrics partnering closely with business leaders to impact strategic business decisions including analysis on optimizing pricing, managing cost of revenues and other operating expenses.
- Work cross-functionally with the accounting team on developing and reporting cash forecasts.
- Upgrade reporting standards through the pursuit of continuous process improvement and liaison with the various business departments.
- Partner with the Accounting team to review financials and maintain quality of earnings.
- Provide financial oversight and guidance for M&A activity.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in finance, accounting or business-related field
- 10+ or more years of combined global accounting, finance and strategic analysis experience
- Combined public and private experience is preferred. Experience taking a company public is ideal.
- CPA, MBA or strong understanding of accounting
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and executive presence
- Hands-on leader managing a small team
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and communicate with peers, subordinates and executive management.
- Strong strategic and business acumen, as well as sound and consistent business judgment and high level of professional integrity and accountability
- Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask
- Superior management skills: ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented
- Technology savvy with Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with NetSuite and Salesforce Preferred
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance and administration initiatives.
Redwood City, CA
What’s in It for You?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking, values empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), stock options, a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application here.
MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MariaDB is an equal opportunity employer.