We are happy to announce the alpha release of MariaDB ColumnStore 1.2.0. This is an early feature release that we encourage testing on but is not recommended for production deployments. The alpha release can be downloaded here. For further details please see the release notes and getting started guide.
Notable enhancements to MariaDB ColumnStore include:
- Based on MariaDB Server 10.3.9.
- Time datatype support.
- Support for milli and microseconds in Time and DateTime types.
- Support for multi parameter user defined aggregate functions allowing development of more complex custom logic.
- Building on this, distributed regression function providing native SQL high performance regression analysis. The following functions may be used as window and aggregation functions: regr_avgx(Y, X), regr_avgy(Y, X), regr_count(Y, X), regr_slope(Y, X), regr_intercept(Y, X), regr_r2(Y, X) and more.
- Many syntax support improvements.
- Multi-Server quick installer and Singler Server quick installer.
- Bulk data loading tool ‘mcsimport’ enabling data loading from remote servers.
- Microsoft Windows 10 support for the ColumnStore Bulk Data API, Pentaho Data Adapter and mcsimport.
Stay tuned for upcoming technical blogs covering some of these new features in depth.