The first Alpha release of MariaDB Server 10.4 is now available!
In the spirit of release early, release often, with this first version of MariaDB Server 10.4.0 we are delivering a number of exciting features, including:
- An instant DROP COLUMN for InnoDB
- Parentheses for UNION/EXCEPT/INTERSECT operations
- Crash safe system tables by using Aria
- SET PASSWORD support for ed25519 and other authentication plugins
- Internal optimizations
In addition to these features, we are continuing to work on a further enhancements for 10.4 such as:
- More instant ALTER TABLE operations for InnoDB
- Application time period tables
- Additional security enhancements
This is an alpha release and it should not be used in production. We encourage you to test MariaDB Server 10.4 and share your feedback with us.