Blog Posts Relevant to MariaDB
You are viewing an old version of this article. View the current version here.
List of blog posts relevant to MariaDB. In reverse chronological order. Be sure to also check out the various MariaDB Blogs.
- Why MariaDB Matters: The OpenShift Interview with Monty - 12 August 2013
- Abandoning MySQL - Switching to #MariaDB for Moodle - 13 February 2013
- Solution for MariaDB Field 'xxx' doesn't have a default value - 4 February 2013
- MariaDB Expanding Its Reach - 1 February 2013 - a good post by Dean Ellis of SkySQL about how MariaDB is growing.
- Aahan reviews MariaDB & Percona Server - 20 January 2013 - Using google trends.
- MariaDB Galera Master/Master Replication on Ubuntu 12.04 HOWTO - 18 January 2013 - How to use MariaDB Galera CLuster in Ubuntu 12.04.
- Mozilla is moving from MySQL to MariaDB - 17 January 2013 - an interesting move from Mozilla Foundation.
- Upgrade from MySQL to MariaDB on Centos 6 - 13 January 2013 - upgrades are painless & easy!
- Installing MariaDB on Ubuntu - 19 August 2012 - How quick and easy it is to install MariaDB on Ubuntu.
- Mageia 2 LAMP server - 11 August 2012 - Mageia 2 LAMP server install guide.
- Make Your Site a Crazy Fast Site – By David Favor - 7 August 2012 - Make Your Site a Crazy Fast Site – By David Favor.
- Moving to MariaDB - 31 July 2012 - On moving to MariaDB and why the repositories are a good idea.
- How to build a Magento web site on Shared Cloud Hosting with MariaDB 5.5, Varnish Cache and PHP APC - 31 July 2012 - a video on how to run Magento using MariaDB 5.5.
- How We Spent a Tuesday Fixing a MySQL Replication Bug - 16 July 2012 - Written by Rich Prohaska on how Tokutek and MariaDB work together. A good highlight on how MariaDB works well with the community.
- Deploying Aegir Hosting System for Drupal and WordPress MU with Nginx and MariaDB on the Same Server: Part 1: Installing Aegir, Creating, and Deploying Platforms & Installing WordPress MU and Configuring Nginx Default Server - 7 July 2012 - a comprehensive howto on using MariaDB with WordPress MU.
- nginx / MariaDB / PHP / Aegir on Mac OS X with optional Drush 5 (works on Mountain Lion!) - 3 July 2012 - Guide written by Brian Gilbert.
- MariaDB 1 shot - 21 June 2012 - Written in Korean, this is on KTH's blog.
- OS X 10.7 Lion Development: Nginx, PHP, MariaDB with Homebrew - 22 April 2012 - Alan Ivey continues writing about using MariaDB on OSX using homebrew.
- MariaDB's Virtual Columns - 19 April 2012 - Jonathan Levin takes MariaDB's virtual columns for a spin to store business rules next to table data.
- Installing MariaDB 5.5 on Ubuntu 11.10 - 16 March 2012 - a quick guide on how to install MariaDB 5.5 on Ubuntu 11.10.
- What about the subqueries? - 29 March 2012 - a quick benchmark using 2 subqueries found in a MediaWiki plugin.
- Replacing MySQL with MariaDB in a CentOS VPS - 5 March 2012 - have a VPS running CentOS and want MariaDB on it? This is a quick howto guide.
- How to replace MySQL with MariaDB - easy and in less than five minutes! - 2 March 2012 - this is a guide on how to replace MySQL with MariaDB using Slackware Linux.
- Building MariaDB 5.3 on Windows - 12 February 2012 - showing you how to build MariaDB from source on Microsoft Windows.
- MySQL migrate to MariaDB - 15 November 2011 - showing how easy it is to migrate to MariaDB in OpenSUSE. It really is a drop-in replacement.
- Database marketshare: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, MongoDB - 19 October 2011 - Database usage statistics from Jelastic's Java cloud.
- MySQL Survey Results - 17 October 2011 - Results from Michal Hrušecký's MySQL survey.
- OS X 10.7 Lion Development: Native Apache & PHP with Homebrew MySQL or MariaDB - 7 September 2011 - on getting MariaDB running on OS X 10.7 (Lion) as part of a development environment.
- Working with IP's in MySQL and MariaDB - July 4, 2011 - Uses Virtual columns
- Product to try: MySQL/MariaDB-Galera 0.8 - 13 June 2011 - on using Galera synchronous replication
- Virtual columns in MariaDB now available in HeidiSQL - 11 June 2011
- MySQL Benchmarks: MariaDB 5.2.5 custom CentOS 64bit RPM binaries – Intel optimized - 4 May 2011 - benchmarks done using MariaDB 5.2.5 and vBulletin, using different schedulers, engines, and more
- Update on porting table_statistics to MariaDB - 24 April 2011 - On working with the tivo patch to get it into MariaDB
Content reproduced on this site is the property of its respective owners, and this content is not reviewed in advance by MariaDB. The views, information and opinions expressed by this content do not necessarily represent those of MariaDB or any other party.