MariaDB Welcomes Innovators and Change Agents at M|18 User Conference
ServiceNow, Alibaba Cloud, DBS Bank, Facebook, Financial Network, Inc., InfoArmor, Intel, Tencent to speak to database innovations and infrastructure modernization with MariaDB
NEW YORK – MariaDB M|18 User Conference – Feb. 26, 2018 – MariaDB® Corporation, the company behind the fastest growing open source database, today is kicking off its second annual user conference, M|18, at the Conrad Hotel in New York City. The conference gathers industry leaders to discuss their accomplishments, highlight collaborative innovation, attend technical hands-on workshops and learn directly from the team building MariaDB. Proprietary technologies and licensing practices are increasingly straining IT budgets and also hold teams back in their modernization efforts. M|18 celebrates the individuals and companies that are change agents, break down barriers, collaborate on new database innovations and bet big on MariaDB. Presentations from ServiceNow, DBS Bank, Alibaba Cloud, Facebook, Intel, Tencent, Nokia, BlaBlaCar, Financial Network, Inc. (FNI) and more showcase how companies are overcoming database challenges with MariaDB.
Tweet this: #MARIADBM18 user conference brings together today’s leading technologists to collaborate around #MariaDB innovations and infrastructure modernization. http://ow.ly/FdKf30iBENo
“Affecting change within an organization is never easy. M|18 demonstrates that it can be done and that open source is winning on both total cost of ownership and innovation,” said Michael Howard, CEO, MariaDB Corporation. “We are proud of the cutting-edge ideas the global MariaDB community is contributing to the database industry, and excited to see M|18 serve as a forum to support and accelerate this innovation.”
M|18 Key Themes
Conference keynotes and sessions show how companies are tackling their biggest database challenges with MariaDB and highlight MariaDB’s role in rapidly evolving IT architectures like cloud, containers and analytics. Key sessions include:
- “Keynote: Operating Massive Scale with Cloud Infrastructure and MariaDB” – ServiceNow, faced with unprecedented scalability challenges as it became the fastest- growing enterprise software company over $1 billion, required a database infrastructure capable of supporting petabytes of data and billions of queries per hour. Director of operations Tim Yim explains how they tackled this challenge and why they chose MariaDB.
- “Keynote: DBS Bank’s Journey with MariaDB” – The largest bank in Southeast Asia, DBS Bank returns to the MariaDB keynote stage to share its success, migrating from proprietary products to open source with MariaDB. Ng Peng Khim, Managing Director, Head of Institutional Banking Group & Future Ready Technology, will share DBS Bank’s corporate internet banking use case and how the team deployed more than 50 percent of their critical applications on MariaDB in the last two years.
- “Panel Discussion: Open Source in the Enterprise” – The path to open source in the enterprise isn’t always easy but it is worth it. In this panel discussion and open Q&A on adopting open source software in the enterprise, Red Hat, Copart and FNI will share their experience with open source software (OSS): why they chose to adopt it, how important it is, how they got started, the business and technical challenges they faced and how other enterprises can succeed with OSS too.
- “MariaDB AX Panel Discussion on Analytical Use Cases” – In this panel, a group of MariaDB AX users from diverse industries will discuss why they chose MariaDB’s high-performance analytical solution and how they implemented it in their companies. They will discuss their varying use cases, including: genome analysis for cows and pigs, healthcare program cost-effectiveness analysis to improve public health and customer behavior analysis to provide high-quality customer support. Panelists include Aziz Vahora, head of data management at Pinger, Jack Sprague, enterprise architect at the Center for Information Management and Patrice Linel, head of scientific computing at Genus PLC.
- “Creating a Reference Architecture for High Availability at Nokia” – In this session, attendees will learn about the creation of a reference architecture for Nokia to optimize the deployment of MariaDB TX, MariaDB’s transactional solution, across multiple data centers to deliver high availability. Nokia is sharing this architecture for anyone to reuse.
- “How Facebook Migrated to MyRocks” – Facebook created MyRocks, a space and write-optimized storage engine built on top of RocksDB, that is now available in MariaDB. In this session, Yoshinori Matsunobu, database engineer at Facebook, will explain how Facebook replaced InnoDB with MyRocks in the users database, and highlight the features being developed and planned for in future releases of MyRocks.
Tweet this: Join #MARIADBM18 to hear how companies like Alibaba Cloud, DBS Bank, Facebook, Financial Network, Inc., and more are agents of change, modernizing their #database systems with #MariaDB. http://ow.ly/FdKf30iBENo
Hear how leading companies from all over the world are adopting MariaDB by following the conversation at M|18, #MARIADBM18. Tune in to the live keynotes being streamed starting at 1:15 p.m. ET.
Watch M|18 conference keynotes live.
Tweet this: Watch the #MARIADBM18 live stream! http://ow.ly/ZDii30iwu6j
“We needed a solution that is reliable and operates continuously without failure. MariaDB’s technology provides us with the high availability and auto-failover capabilities we were searching for,” said Rick Lane, consulting member of technical staff at Nokia. “I’m looking forward to joining fellow MariaDB users at M|18 to share how we’re relying on MariaDB MaxScale for our geo-redundant high-availability reference architecture as well as hearing how other organizations are benefiting from MariaDB’s range of solutions.”
“MariaDB brings some serious competition to the market that the large, strictly commercial, database providers overlook – affordability for the small to mid-sized companies with the capability and scalability to handle large operations as well. With MariaDB, we get a fast, well-oiled and secure solution with top-notch support, all at a price that allows us to spend more money on talent, marketing and our solution’s development and refinement,” said William Wood, director of database architecture at Financial Network, Inc. “This is how business should be done, which is why FNI does not look at MariaDB as just another vendor, but as a business partner in what we hope to be a mutually beneficial venture.”
- Watch MariaDB M|18 keynotes live
- Follow the M|18 conversation, #MARIADBM18
- MariaDB recently released MariaDB MaxScale 2.2 GA, a component of MariaDB TX. Download MariaDB TX today.
- MariaDB AX recently introduced a new Apache Spark Adapter with MariaDB ColumnStore 1.1.3 GA. Download MariaDB AX today.
- Visit mariadb.com
- Follow @mariadb on Twitter
- Read MariaDB’s blog
About MariaDB Corporation
MariaDB Corporation is the company behind MariaDB, the fastest growing open source database. MariaDB, with a strong history of community innovation and enterprise adoption, provides the most functionally complete open source database. MariaDB powers applications at companies including Google, Wikipedia, Tencent, Verizon, DBS Bank, Deutsche Bank, Telefónica, Huatai Securities and more.
MariaDB solutions are engineered to run on any infrastructure – bare metal servers, virtual machines, containers, public and private clouds – and is available in all leading Linux distributions, including Ubuntu, and is the default database in openSUSE, Manjaro, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) / CentOS / Fedora, Arch Linux, SUSE Linux Enterprise and Debian, with a reach of more than 60 million developers worldwide.