We are pleased to announce the general availability (GA) of MariaDB Connector/ODBC 3.0. MariaDB Connector/ODBC 3.0.2 is the newest version of MariaDB Connector/ODBC. This release is compatible with MariaDB Connector/ODBC 2.0 – no code changes necessary to upgrade.
MariaDB Connector/ODBC 3.0 is based on the new MariaDB Connector/C 3.0. It therefore takes advantage of the new security enhancements and plugins provided by MariaDB Connector/C.
Direct dependencies to functions of MariaDB Connector/C have been removed, only the functions provided by the documented API are used. This allows dynamic linking where preferred. Our own binaries still use the static linking.
- Support of a new bulk load implementation (needs MariaDB Server 10.2)
- SQLExecDirect, Prepares and executes a statement directly (needs MariaDB Server 10.2)
- New SSL options based on the implementation in MariaDB Connector/C
- Windows SChannel: removes dependencies on external libraries
- Windows SChannel: becomes the default for SSL on Windows
- TLSv1.1 and TLSv1.2 support
- SSL option can now be defined in the setup dialog
Download the MariaDB Connector now and learn about the newest evolution of MariaDB Connector/ODBC 3.0.