Alibaba Cloud, ServiceNow, DBS Bank, Facebook, Intel, InfoArmor and Tencent among leading companies speaking at second annual MariaDB user conference
MENLO PARK, Calif. and HELSINKI – January 31, 2018 – MariaDB® Corporation, the company behind the fastest growing open source database, will host its second annual user conference, M|18, on February 26-27, 2018 at the Conrad Hotel in New York City. Designed to bring together the best and brightest from around the world, the event features sessions led by customers, partners, community contributors and MariaDB engineers plus half-day, hands-on workshops. M|18 offers practical solutions for database administrators (DBAs), developers, DevOps, cloud technologists and decision-makers on topics ranging from the MariaDB kernel itself, to scale-out Big Data and container configurations, to the latest in how temporal processing raises the bar in security.
“The M|18 user conference is the highlight of MariaDB’s year as we get to see firsthand the enormous scope of innovation occurring within the MariaDB ecosystem. The event provides a venue for database practitioners and leaders to meet with their peers, showcase their greatest accomplishments and discuss the next big shift, especially in cloud computing,” said Michael Howard, CEO, MariaDB Corporation. “Because it is focused and bi-directional – open to the entire global ecosystem of MariaDB – M|18 is quickly becoming the hub of database innovation.”
Conference highlights include:
- Technology Preview and Vision. Attendees will get a first look at never-before-seen engineering projects still in development, learn how MariaDB is preparing for the cloud, containers, security and database-as-a-service, and discover how MariaDB is pushing forward on new storage and processor technologies, such as collaboration with Intel’s 3D XPoint™ and NVMe, and Qualcomm Centriq™2400 Arm-based processors.
- Keynotes from Industry Leaders. ServiceNow, the fastest growing enterprise software company over $1 billion, and DBS Bank, the largest bank in Southeast Asia, will keynote, sharing their database modernization strategies. Specifically, ServiceNow will discuss operating massive scale with cloud infrastructure and MariaDB, and DBS Bank will share how it replaced its proprietary, legacy database system in dozens of banking applications with MariaDB as part of an open source transformation initiative.
- Hands-On Workshops. Choose from five, half-day workshops designed to help attendees master key skills around MariaDB, including high availability, analytics, security, performance tuning and what’s new in MariaDB. Led by the technical experts at MariaDB, this year’s workshops will provide a deep-dive into key MariaDB offerings, capabilities and best practices.
- 40+ Sessions and a New Real World Customer Track. Ranging from the deeply technical, to reviews of use cases, to explorations of product features, this year’s presentations provide an inside view into how MariaDB works and highlights how customers are using MariaDB. With overwhelming interest from customers to share their MariaDB use cases, M|18 includes a new real world track. Partner and customer speakers include Alibaba Cloud, BlaBlaCar, Facebook, Financial Network, Inc., InfoArmor, Intel and Tencent, among others.
- MariaDB Certification Exam. M|18 will once again offer attendees the opportunity to take the MariaDB Certification exam on site. Successful completion proves the ability to perform core MariaDB DBA skills, such as basic configuration, security, user and role assignment, schema operations, performance tuning, and backup and restore operations.
MariaDB is proud to welcome Alibaba Cloud, Intel, Webyog, Qualcomm Datacenter Technologies, Shannon Systems, Galera Cluster, Dynimize, Navicat, Severalnines, Shadow-Soft, Actifio, insideBIGDATA, ODBMS.org, diginomica, Database Trends and Applications, and the MariaDB Foundation as sponsors of M|18.
Tickets for the MariaDB M|18 user conference are available now! Secure your spot by registering today at https://m18.mariadb.com.
“We are thrilled to participate in M|18 again to share our journey with MariaDB and hear from other industry leaders on their own paths to open source. When we began our open source transformation, we were aiming to break down the silos within our organization, become more nimble, and simplify processes to bring more value to our customers,” said Joan Tay Kim Choo, Executive Director of Technology, DBS Bank. “MariaDB was a vital part of this transformation, helping us replace our legacy database systems, solve organizational and technological challenges, and innovate in new ways.”
“Last year at this time, we were just completing our migration to MariaDB, making M|17 the perfect forum for us to dive deeper into our new solution. The rich technical presentations helped us get a sense of how well we understood the technology, and most importantly, where we could immediately increase its value,” said Greg Henderson, Senior Manager and Global Business Systems Architect at Ansell Healthcare. “We’re excited to be back again this year to share our own MariaDB story. This is truly a community gathering and we hope our experience can provide valuable insight to other companies in the process of migrating to MariaDB.”
- Register to attend M|18 MariaDB User Conference
- See the M|18 agenda
- Visit www.mariadb.com
- Follow @mariadb on Twitter
- Read MariaDB’s blog
About MariaDB Corporation
MariaDB Corporation is the company behind MariaDB, the fastest growing Open Source database. MariaDB, with a strong history of community innovation and enterprise adoption, provides the most functionally complete open source database. MariaDB powers applications at companies including Google, Wikipedia, Tencent, Verizon, DBS Bank, Deutsche Bank, Telefónica, Huatai Securities and more.
MariaDB solutions are engineered to run on any infrastructure – bare metal servers, virtual machines, containers, public and private clouds – and is available in all leading Linux distributions, including Ubuntu, and is the default database in openSUSE, Manjaro, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) / CentOS / Fedora, Arch Linux, SUSE Linux Enterprise and Debian, with a reach of more than 60 million developers worldwide.