Why DBaaS Is the Future of Cloud Computing
Business – and the data that powers it – is moving to the cloud. That shift offers an opportunity, not just for modernization but also for new efficiencies and capabilities while lowering capital expenditure. Whether your mission-critical application is already in the cloud or you’re pondering a cloud migration, you’ll want to take part in this two-hour summit. Industry thought leaders and subject-matter experts will come together for roundtable discussions on why they think database-as-a-service (DBaaS) is the future of cloud computing.
- A Look at SkySQL: The MariaDB DBaaS
- Developers’ Perspectives on Cloud Databases
- The Role of DBAs in the DBaaS World
- David Nalley – Head of Open Source Strategy & Marketing, AWS
- Kathryn Sizemore – Senior MySQL/MariaDB Database Administrator, Datavail
- Greg Yantz – Database Administrator, Financial Network, Inc.
- Mary Grygleski – Senior Developer Advocate, IBM
- Mark Paluch – Spring Data Project Lead, vmWare
- Manjot Singh – Director of Customer Engineering, MariaDB
- Rob Hedgpeth – Director of Developer Relations, MariaDB