We are happy to announce that today we are releasing 1.1.0 beta software of MariaDB ColumnStore, the high performance, columnar storage engine for large scale analytics on MariaDB. Beta is an important time in our release and we encourage you to download this release today! Please note that we do not recommend running beta releases in production.
MariaDB ColumnStore 1.1 introduces the following key new capabilities:
Streaming and Customized Analytics:
- Data API to programmatically load data into PM nodes: MariaDB ColumnStore Data API is a C++ library that allows an application to directly write to MariaDB ColumnStore distributed data storage without going through LOAD DATA INFILE, cpimport or INSERT into. Users can build streaming applications on top of it.
- Distributed user defined aggregate and window functions: High performance distributed execution of customized analytics functions.
Improved Operational Resiliency:
- Built-in data redundancy for on-premise PM nodes: For on-premise PMs, now you can enable data redundancy that allows PMs to failover even if the PM is using local disks for data storage.
- ColumnStore Backup/Restore Tool: Available as part of MariaDB AX subscription, this is a tool for coordinated backup and restore across all the UM and PMs.
- TEXT and BLOB: Now you can store unstructured data columns requiring larger than 64KB size as TEXT or BLOB data type.
MariaDB Server 10.2 compatibility:
- MariaDB ColumnStore 1.1.0 is based on MariaDB Server 10.2.8.
- The Window functions have been re-implemented with MariaDB Server 10.2.8 code.
- MariaDB Server Audit Plugin Integration: Now queries sent to MariaDB ColumnStore can be audited in the same way as all other storage engines.
- Non-recursive Common Table Expressions are now supported.
Performance: Several improvements in string handling and memory utilization.
The release notes for MariaDB ColumnStore 1.1.0 can be found here and the list of bugs fixed can be found in the release notes. MariaDB ColumnStore documentation can be found in our Documentation Library.