Today, MariaDB MaxScale, the database proxy for MariaDB, is reaching its next major milestone – the availability of MariaDB MaxScale 2.0 Beta software release. Beta is an important time in our release and we encourage you to download this release today!
MariaDB MaxScale 2.0 introduces several new capabilities:
- Built upon MaxScale’s Binlog Server functionality, you can now stream transactional data in real time from MariaDB to other big data stores like Hadoop or a data warehouse through messaging systems, like Kafka, for real-time analytics and machine learning applications. The package includes sample client applications for a Kafka producer and a standalone Python application to receive streaming data from MaxScale.
- Transport layer security with end-to-end SSL through MaxScale
- MaxAdmin security improvements to enable configurable prevention of remote access
- Connection rate limitation to protect against DDoS attacks
- Minimize downtime with read mode for MariaDB/MySQL master-slave clusters
MaxScale documentation can be found in our Knowledge Base.
In case you want to build the binaries yourself, the source can be found on GitHub, tagged with maxscale-2.0.0.